Traded Sam Petrevski-Seton [Traded to West Coast as part of three way trade for Pick 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to say what his trade value would be, but what I will say is he's almost certainly worth more to Carlton right now than what we'd get on the trade table.

There is a lot of frustration with SPS given he hasn't yet come on as hoped and also because he's playing off half back at the moment, rather than through the midfield where he has previously looked so promising.

That frustration though often leads people to completely ignore his work in that position, which I don't think has actually been that bad overall. There's no doubt that Carlton fans are rating him harshly based on what we know he could be producing.

So yeah, I'd say his trade value is pretty low at the moment. But I'd be very reluctant to let him go, given 1) he's contracted, 2) he seems happy at the club, and 3) he's got huge talent and scope for future improvement.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Half back seems like the worst place to use his skill set displayed in juniors. Was super creative in congestion and had dynamic pressure. Would take him with a mind to play him forward/rotating through the middle.

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
Would love him, not sure whats wrong with Carlton's development but he has gone very backwards from the player I saw kill the pies in 2017
I'm with you, not sure if it's club or player but something seems off to me.

Late first, early second with a later pick coming with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Personally i dont see him do alot wrong but play conservative football and that could be because of the teams position,If SPS was playing for say Tigers.Eagles,Cats,Pies he would be more damaging and would 'Look' like a star with the free wheeling he would be allowed

I would pay a pick #17-#25

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Personally i dont see him do alot wrong but play conservative football and that could be because of the teams position,If SPS was playing for say Tigers.Eagles,Cats,Pies he would be more damaging and would 'Look' like a star with the free wheeling he would be allowed

I would pay a pick #17-#25
This I 100 % agree with you on.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Is there a reason Carlton don't play him up forward? He was a great tackler and pressure player in juniors, and they're supposedly desperate for pressure smalls.
Who knows mate. It's hard watching a guy with more talent than anyone on the list being played out of position, suppressing his natural flair and game.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Who knows mate. It's hard watching a guy with more talent than anyone on the list being played out of position, suppressing his natural flair and game.

They’re trying to teach him a defensive side to his game.

Not sure I agree with it, especially for a player like Samo. He should have the opposition worry about him.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember watching him in the all stars or futures game at punt road. He was my favourite player of the match. He needs to play mid. He looked like a superstar who is a great tackler. If Carlton want to play him as a half back flanker then I hope he finds a new home.. preferably at Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back