Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Players don't just suddenly learn how to improve their disposal and decision making in their 20s. He is what he is - a solid midlist footballer, who'd make some 22's and not others.

The thing is he doesn't 'need to learn' he's a phenomenal kick when he does it right and only needs to make a few minor tweaks to get the errors out, he's going into his 4th year, its not like he's 28. Players absolutely improve their decision making and composure through their early 20s.

Look at Fyfes DE% across his first three years (considerably worse the SPP) Vs look at Fyfe not

Mitch Robinson, who SPP plays like, improved massively when he moved to Brisbane.

It can happen.
Your right, they can.

SPP has just finished his 3rd year, he is still a young player. As said before, take Fyfe for example across his first 3 years. His DE% was; 60.9, 61.4 and 56.4 (Average of 59.6%) For reference SPP 66.1, 63.9 and 66 (Average 65.3) Now look at Fyfe's last 3 years, 73.1, 70 and 70.8 (Average 71.3)

Would be a great get if used correctly. Predominantly inside with quality receivers around him with bursts up forward.

You will be disappointed if you expect him to be a jack of all trades midfielder, his strengths and weaknesses are obvious and they have been since East Perth colts.

So whats it based on ?

Suggestion is SPP to Richmond thoughts (or at least attempt to) C4[2]Yo`DooR ?

Was only interested in a move to Freo last year (WCE also - but they had no chips). Turned down advances from a few vic clubs and Sydney to remain. He may opt to leave (or get pushed out), but I doubt it’s set in stone this far out.

Was it not port trying to ship him off last year or was that SPP looking at options himself?

Apparently vic clubs and Sydney were after him, Spp was only up to leaving if it was a wa club. Port wants him but apparently was some pressure from some on the board to consider moving him on at some point (our board, like all interstate boards is controlled by the AFL stuffing it with their stooges).

I know it was a pre season game but watched him for the first time against us that i took notice and he is better than i thought, a real bull.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is going to Richmond if he is going anywhere. The conversations were had in the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apparently vic clubs and Sydney were after him, Spp was only up to leaving if it was a wa club. Port wants him but apparently was some pressure from some on the board to consider moving him on at some point (our board, like all interstate boards is controlled by the AFL stuffing it with their stooges).
We’re quite happy with our stooges thanks.

Reckon he will stay to be honest. He will start round 1 and has plenty of opportunity to cement his spot. Personally I much prefer him in the side than Rockliff.

Yes he has some off field issues, we have been though that, it's clear the boy likes a bit ass. He needs to learn from all of that of course.

Was it not port trying to ship him off last year or was that SPP looking at options himself?
Maybe have been looking at options himself as he was down the pecking order a bit.

I would suggest he will settle I to the best 22 this season and most likely expect him to sign on.

We were happy with our stooges back in 2013. Its later when you're looking to push on to real success while they're happy with the club not being a drain on the AFL.
Not sure you’ve paid attention to our stooges.

CEO: Greg Swan.
Head of Football: David Noble.
Head Coach: Chris Fagan.

They are the people responsible for pushing us towards real success.

Not sure you’ve paid attention to our stooges.

CEO: Greg Swan.
Head of Football: David Noble.
Head Coach: Chris Fagan.

They are the people responsible for pushing us towards real success.

I wasn’t referencing coaching panels and what not. I was talking about how every non-Vic team has half their board handpicked by the Afl (this isn’t the case with Vic clubs. They fully pick their own boards as far as I’m aware) It’s a conflict of interest.

Everything may be working fine for you right now, but let’s say you wanted to take issue with something, like say Grand finals being played in Melbourne for perpetuity. Good luck convincing your board to go against the wishes of the people who put them there.

I wasn’t referencing coaching panels and what not. I was talking about how every non-Vic team has half their board handpicked by the Afl (this isn’t the case with Vic clubs. They fully pick their own boards as far as I’m aware) It’s a conflict of interest.

Everything may be working fine for you right now, but let’s say you wanted to take issue with something, like say Grand finals being played in Melbourne for perpetuity. Good luck convincing your board to go against the wishes of the people who put them there.
Yeah, our board isn’t hand picked by the AFL. Our members vote them in and out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back