Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that this years Richmond 1st rounder after the the fs/nga etc picks is going to be pretty average along with this crop not (at this stage) as being rated very highly. Port are desperate for a tall kpd and i'm guessing that Bolta would not be on the table so not sure what could be advantagous for Port - saying that I don't want to lose SPP, his manic defensive play this year has been very very good.

Whilst this may sound silly to you its like me saying i'm guessing Marshall would not be on the table .

As another poster mentioned numerous times , Im not sure what you believe SPP is worth i wouldnt pay anymore for him than a pick between 20-30 and genuinely hope this trade does not happen.

Whilst this may sound silly to you its like me saying i'm guessing Marshall would not be on the table .

As another poster mentioned numerous times , Im not sure what you believe SPP is worth i wouldnt pay anymore for him than a pick between 20-30 and genuinely hope this trade does not happen.

as do us port fans

I think that this years Richmond 1st rounder after the the fs/nga etc picks is going to be pretty average along with this crop not (at this stage) as being rated very highly. Port are desperate for a tall kpd and i'm guessing that Bolta would not be on the table so not sure what could be advantagous for Port - saying that I don't want to lose SPP, his manic defensive play this year has been very very good.
But weren't we told that Port had an excess of KPDs last year and that was why they forced their best on in Dougal Howard out of the club?

So why was Howard let go? Clearly wasn't a forward...underlying issues?

because he wasn’t one of our preferred starting key defenders and he wanted to play chb, and he got a very nice offer to do that elsewhere

I’m critical of having next to no key defender depth but he left on good terms and we got a decent pick we turned into Dylan Williams and a future second.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at here. He didn’t leave on bad terms, there was no “Underlying issues” lol

Adelaide supporter clutching at straws much..

because he wasn’t one of our preferred starting key defenders and he wanted to play chb, and he got a very nice offer to do that elsewhere

I’m critical of having next to no key defender depth but he left on good terms and we got a decent pick we turned into Dylan Williams and a future second.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at here. He didn’t leave on bad terms, there was no “Underlying issues” lol

I dunno if an adelaide supporter says it, it may be true. surely they are in perfect position to know what underlying issues smell like

He is one of the best KPDs in the comp, however it's very strange he told he would be playing forward, and told to look elsewhere for opportunities without having a glut of replacements.

Sure, hang sh*t on our club, we are a debacle at the moment, but if you can find a reason for him being told to look elsewhere, I'd love to hear it.

He is going to Richmond. Deal is already done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So who is Richmond letting go?

Article today saying Tigers have a rookie list issue with six rookies, three of which are best 24 and will need to be upgraded due to rookie list reductions.

Then main lists may reduce as well.

So Richmond has a problem in squeezing in all the decent players it already has never mind trading in another.

Would need to be quite a 'merry go round'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide midfield star opens talks on multi-year extension
Sam Powell-Pepper is poised to sign a new multi-year contract extension at Port Adelaide after an encouraging return to form in 2020.
Foxfooty.com.au understands discussions are progressing well between Port list manager Jason Cripps and Powell-Pepper’s manager Andrew McDougall from Corporate Sports Australia.
A three-year deal that locks the 22-year-old until the end of 2023 appears the most likely scenario in the early stages of negotiations, which have ramped up since the contract freeze was lifted.
In an interview with The Advertiser in April, Powell-Pepper said speculation regarding his future in last year’s trade period did not concern him.

So there you have it, SPP Signing with Port again.

It's almost like Port is ontop and you all come here thinking you are gonna get some players you never heard of before due to believing we must be having salary cap constraints....

There's no pussy here boys, so best you just run away.

Is this your first season following player trades?

If an out-of-contract player asks to be traded, he's generally going to be traded. I'm not sure what you think SPP is worth but that's generally how it pans out.

When Brad Ebert, who was drafted at #13, came out of contract aged 21 and asked to be traded, did Port offer up more than a similar pick to where he was drafted? No, they offered pick 28. And WC didn't have an option to simply not trade him. That's what happens. If an out-of-contract player requests a move, you don't get to decide that he can't leave.
Lol just said I didn't want to lose him at all especially not for what we paid jog on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back