Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Richmond have the salary cap to fit spp? I have very mixed thoughts about spp being traded. It seems a bit of a weak solution. I can see Richmond getting the best out of spp. They seem to back their players to put in the hard work and play with confidence and flair.

I like him, and I think his deficiencies were highlighted by him playing out of position as a HFF.

Put him in clearance situations and let him bludgeon the ball forward. We could use a few mids like that.

I imagine any deal (if it took place) would wait till after Daniher makes a decision. If he goes, we may have some more picks to play with.

I like him, and I think his deficiencies were highlighted by him playing out of position as a HFF.

Put him in clearance situations and let him bludgeon the ball forward. We could use a few mids like that.

I imagine any deal (if it took place) would wait till after Daniher makes a decision. If he goes, we may have some more picks to play with.

Would also get CEY

Powel Pepper
Smith
CEY

As the bulls then Parish,Shiel,Heppel,Merret on the outside delivering the ball

Does Richmond have the salary cap to fit spp? I have very mixed thoughts about spp being traded. It seems a bit of a weak solution. I can see Richmond getting the best out of spp. They seem to back their players to put in the hard work and play with confidence and flair.
Personally i hope he goes to the Bombers but Richmond will clear over $1,000,000 with our departures this trade period
Grigg -$400k
Ellis -$500k
Butler -$300k

all estimations but roughly around the mark (ellis contract from 3 years ago puts him in out top earners)

Personally i hope he goes to the Bombers but Richmond will clear over $1,000,000 with our departures this trade period
Grigg -$400k
Ellis -$500k
Butler -$300k

all estimations but roughly around the mark (ellis contract from 3 years ago puts him in out top earners)
Yep and that probably gets you back to even after pay raises for Bolton, Chol, baker, houli, stack and soldo

Yep and that probably gets you back to even after pay raises for Bolton, Chol, baker, houli, stack and soldo
Are you serious
Soldo - Lucky not to get delisted last year and would be happy to sign just to stay
Stack - 1st year rookie getting an upgrade and will be inline with the other draftee's
Houli - 31 year old and just photo copies the last 3 1 year deals
Baker - another rookie just getting the standard upgrade

Bolton - I agree will get a decent increase

U do understand rookie contracts to their first contracts are a big jump right? Stack going from about 70k to 250+ baker from 70k to 200+, houli AA year, soldo not much but would get a raise cause he’s played more games this year than he ever has. Pretty simplistic to just think that 3 players go
Out so we have 1 million dollars.

U do understand rookie contracts to their first contracts are a big jump right? Stack going from about 70k to 250+ baker from 70k to 200+, houli AA year, soldo not much but would get a raise cause he’s played more games this year than he ever has. Pretty simplistic to just think that 3 players go
Out so we have 1 million dollars.
all these players combined would barely add up to $500k max , You mentioned the players playing more like soldo but with the injuries we have had to the best 22 players their game bonuses would be higher than the rookies . either way not fussed and not a fan of SPP and would prefer he goes to bombers
but if he was to come to Richmond dont think he will be getting big $$$ and would only be traded for if he fits into the structure

all these players combined would barely add up to $500k max , You mentioned the players playing more like soldo but with the injuries we have had to the best 22 players their game bonuses would be higher than the rookies . either way not fussed and not a fan of SPP and would prefer he goes to bombers
but if he was to come to Richmond dont think he will be getting big $$$ and would only be traded for if he fits into the structure
U honestly think that Bolton, baker, chol and stack only got 100k pay raises? And that’s not even including balta and naish coming out of their rookie contracts

U honestly think that Bolton, baker, chol and stack only got 100k pay raises? And that’s not even including balta and naish coming out of their rookie contracts
Baker & Chol yes Stack & Bolton would have got a decent increase but they wont be on much more than players like graham/Castagna
Lol Naish has played 2 games and Balta 8/9.

Richmonds pay structure is pretty different to other clubs where we have about 6/7 players on good coin and about 10 on average 400k-450k range then rookies.

There will also be players like Markov,Menadue,Moore etc that will probably be traded or delisted as we have Stack/Bolton/Chol/Baker all needing upgrading

like i said i would rather we dont get SPP and im sure the RFC will not be putting itself under pressure for a fringe player like SPP

SPP reminds me of Eagleton with poor disposal. He'd be ok for bombers if it weren't for their discipline issues being so poor and their ability to coast in games. Saints & GC have culture issues. I think north is his best fit.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPP reminds me of Eagleton with poor disposal. He'd be ok for bombers if it weren't for their discipline issues being so poor and their ability to coast in games. Saints & GC have culture issues. I think north is his best fit.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stringer turned out alright

Does he have the tank to do that for more than half a game?

I havent followed his career closely, but endurance was always his big issue ?

Does he have the tank to do that for more than half a game?

I havent followed his career closely, but endurance was always his big issue ?

Oh yeah he’s an exceptional runner now. It’s one of the few things port can develop well in a player.

His biggest deficiency is he rushes his disposal. Doesn’t stop and think things through just acts.

Oh yeah he’s an exceptional runner now. It’s one of the few things port can develop well in a player.

His biggest deficiency is he rushes his disposal. Doesn’t stop and think things through just acts.

Then he would suit Richmond as we dont really care about that and just want the ball moved foward as much as possible to create kaos ball. Sold
is pick #36 suitable

I wouldn't give up a rookie pick for this bloke to be honest.

Are Richmond seriously interested? He doesn't seem their type. Hawks on the other hand...

Hawks want blokes who CAN kick. Hardly their type.

Correction. You USED to want people who can kick. That's no longer the case.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad move btw.

Thanks for the update Clarko

I wouldn't give up a rookie pick for this bloke to be honest.
There's stupid comments and there's this.

Good thing Buzz is here liking such comments still... Poor guy has a serious grudge on SPP.

I'll eagerly await where this goes and if he does go I'll look forward to seeing how much better than a token pick he's valued at....

There's stupid comments and there's this.

Good thing Buzz is here liking such comments still... Poor guy has a serious grudge on SPP.

I'll eagerly await where this goes and if he does go I'll look forward to seeing how much better than a token pick he's valued at....
Each to their own. I think he's your version of Cam Ellis-Yolmen personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back