Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to play forward this year?

don’t think this will work out

think its more trying to give players more than one skill so we can rotate 12 or so players through the midfield.
We have a lot of players now who play dual positions and go through the midfield.
Could work well or could be a disaster not having a set position.

Houston, DBJ, Westhoff backman all go through the midfield
Rozzee Robbie Butters Forwards who go through etc

I sold a holden camira for $2100

There is a buyer for everything
I had a holden camira........best that happened was when it got cleaned up and written of.

When I say cleaned up, it was parked on the for of the road and some dumbass managed to hit it.

Going to play forward this year?

don’t think this will work out

With his disposal, he'll have a Will Langford-esque set shot percentage.

think its more trying to give players more than one skill so we can rotate 12 or so players through the midfield.
We have a lot of players now who play dual positions and go through the midfield.
Could work well or could be a disaster not having a set position.

Houston, DBJ, Westhoff backman all go through the midfield
Rozzee Robbie Butters Forwards who go through etc
I expect it will work as well as when Boak and Ebert played forward.

If he's not traded next year, my guess is Wines is the midfielder of choice for next year.

Port would have been better off trading SPP when they made the play for Rocky, knowing full well there were enough inside mids before Rocky. At least SPP had peaked in value. They then could have kept Wingard who is a much better player than SPP.

Alternatively, not make the play for Rocky / Motlop and keep Polec who is better than both of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the draft combine we went 30/30, the only player to do so from memory ?

His disposal isn't as bad as people make out, he has the tendency to rush his disposal. When he doesn't do that, he can actually kick quite well.

I don’t think you can compare a scenario at the draft combine, where you have no immediate pressure on you (bar the clock, of course), with an in-game scenario where you have different kinds of pressure on you?

I don’t think you can compare a scenario at the draft combine, where you have no immediate pressure on you (bar the clock, of course), with an in-game scenario where you have different kinds of pressure on you?
Of course its different, my point is he has the ability. He's also displayed an ability at AFL level to kick goals from outside 50 on multiple occasions (which isn't something you do if you cant kick)

He is one of those guys like Dangerfield was when he was young (not comparing them outside of this) that needs to lower his eyes, take a slowing step, before kicking. If he can do that he will improve his kicking a lot.

SPP will either be or attempt to be a Tiger at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

SPP will either be or attempt to be a Tiger at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's one way to bring Richmond back to the pack.

Still only young I think people forget how young he is because of he physicality have full confidence he is still on his way to being a star.

It's obvious that he didn't "fall" in the draft - clubs knew he had significant deficiencies in his game.

This is what he is, which isn't going to be useful for many clubs.

Wrong, he has plenty of development left in him and has A grade potential.
Players don't just suddenly learn how to improve their disposal and decision making in their 20s. He is what he is - a solid midlist footballer, who'd make some 22's and not others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back