Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hand shake agreement. But discrediting my language won’t bait me in to telling you more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In a similar boat is Sam Powell-Pepper, who Davies doesn’t see moving on from the Power.
“He’s another contracted player who we highly value so unless there’s a specific reason for him to go, I’d be suggesting he’s going to be at our club into the future,” he said.
Interesting what Chris Davies, Port Adelaide said about SPP
SPP is staying with Travis Boak & Mitch Georgiades and you saying he is going to Melbourne with this Covid Virus ramped there LOL Oh right.

Last edited:
The language Maccamk uses isn’t coming across as credible. It’s impossible for a deal to already be done. He couldn’t have even signed with port until this weekend how could he had talked and agreed to terms with Richmond?

Possible that he has decided that he’s keen on Richmond pending them agreeing to terms. Richmond have certainly been keen on him in the past.
Yeah we wanted him with the pick we ended up getting Bolton with. However, Saints were going to take him just before us so we knew we weren't getting him. Turned out he got no where near our pick at all.

Interesting. Rumor was we tried to get him last year. I'd have him. His crash and bash, pressure and tackling would suit us well. Seems to have tidied up his kicking this year too. Take some pressure off Cotchin.

would hate to loose him.
His pressure, head over the ball and sheer effort / determination is infectious

Last night dived over a player on the ground at full stretch to try and strip the ball off a melb player causing a fumble.
Doesnt get a stat for it but is awesome to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have a first-rounder and a second-rounder. Not sure what you think SPP is worth.
I think that this years Richmond 1st rounder after the the fs/nga etc picks is going to be pretty average along with this crop not (at this stage) as being rated very highly. Port are desperate for a tall kpd and i'm guessing that Bolta would not be on the table so not sure what could be advantagous for Port - saying that I don't want to lose SPP, his manic defensive play this year has been very very good.

I think that this years Richmond 1st rounder after the the fs/nga etc picks is going to be pretty average along with this crop not (at this stage) as being rated very highly. Port are desperate for a tall kpd and i'm guessing that Bolta would not be on the table so not sure what could be advantagous for Port - saying that I don't want to lose SPP, his manic defensive play this year has been very very good.
Not sure what you think SPP is worth but if he wanted to move, it's not going to break down on the grounds that "Richmond don't have anything". They have a first-rounder and a second-rounder and a bunch of fringe players with some value.

Not sure what you think SPP is worth but if he wanted to move, it's not going to break down on the grounds that "Richmond don't have anything". They have a first-rounder and a second-rounder and a bunch of fringe players with some value.
Lets hope he doesn't - as I said already they're first rounder will be a pretty average pick.

SPP is only 22 not a player I would trade for a similar pick he was drafted at. Hopefully he resigns soon love his aggression.
Is this your first season following player trades?

If an out-of-contract player asks to be traded, he's generally going to be traded. I'm not sure what you think SPP is worth but that's generally how it pans out.

When Brad Ebert, who was drafted at #13, came out of contract aged 21 and asked to be traded, did Port offer up more than a similar pick to where he was drafted? No, they offered pick 28. And WC didn't have an option to simply not trade him. That's what happens. If an out-of-contract player requests a move, you don't get to decide that he can't leave.

Is this your first season following player trades?

If an out-of-contract player asks to be traded, he's generally going to be traded. I'm not sure what you think SPP is worth but that's generally how it pans out.

When Brad Ebert, who was drafted at #13, came out of contract aged 21 and asked to be traded, did Port offer up more than a similar pick to where he was drafted? No, they offered pick 28. And WC didn't have an option to simply not trade him. That's what happens. If an out-of-contract player requests a move, you don't get to decide that he can't leave.

Something something, Jack Martin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back