Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
There are a plethora of articles suggesting SPP is up for trade and is most likely going to end up at a WA based Club.

Loves a 40 meter up-and-under snap kick out of congestion to the opposition's well set-up defence.

Needs a LOT of work. Figure he's worth persisting with at Port because of other strengths, but really a club would only want him for peanuts at the trade table and Port would be at least asking for his draft value I reckon (around pick 18) which is way too much in my opinion.

Has been reasonably consistent across his first 3 seasons. Could easily step up another level. I imagine a team like Essendon would be keen for a big bodied mid.
We need a big bodied mid but we also need a homie who can kick. Not sure SPP is that homie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got the impression he would be heading to Victoria, not WA, if he moves. You'd think Essendon would be interested. I reckon StK came up a few months ago but I don't know how they can get him in with 10 other players on their radar.

Would be a perfect fit for you guys IMO. You just need to convince him to go up there.
Doesnt he have serious off-field concerns? GC hasnt exactly been a great place for players with extensive extra-curricular activites...

Doesnt he have serious off-field concerns? GC hasnt exactly been a great place for players with extensive extra-curricular activites...
He has a questionable friend circle I believe, but from all accounts has a good attitude and has just been dealing with family/personal problems this year. GC need mature bodies, and I think they could offer him enough $$ to get him up there. Plus i think Dew and Evans have turned around that party boy culture up there.

Loves a 40 meter up-and-under snap kick out of congestion to the opposition's well set-up defence.

Needs a LOT of work. Figure he's worth persisting with at Port because of other strengths, but really a club would only want him for peanuts at the trade table and Port would be at least asking for his draft value I reckon (around pick 18) which is way too much in my opinion.

I guess the Catch 22 is he would be vastly in front development wise if he was at any club other than ours. So he would need to be De-Hinkley’d which will be a process. But I think it’s well worth it.....he has huge upside

Couldn't disagree more. He's incredibly undisciplined on and off the field, which does not bode well for a Suns team trying to learn good habits to set up a positive future.
Yeah I probably meant more in terms of the type of player, but yeah ur right, probably not the role model they need. Maybe getting traded could be the kick up the arse he needs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back