Sam Shaw still at AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Not convinced his hamstring is cured. Sitting out 15 matches with concussion meant it wasn't really tested.

If his leg falls off due to leprosy then his concussion issues will be cured too

He came back from surgery and was eventually selected in the 1's. Then got through another preseason, played well and then got concussed. That's a fair stretch without a twinge, I'd say it looks pretty good. Also worth remembering that he was training to play through a lot of the concussion period.

He had headaches on exertion so no , not really

And how do you think they knew the issues from exertion hadn't subsided? There was an article that stated how frustrating it was because he could train quite fine and was heading towards returning, but then the issue would return. And I don't think it was described as headaches, I'm reasonably confident it was fatigue that he encountered.

And how do you think they knew the issues from exertion hadn't subsided? There was an article that stated how frustrating it was because he could train quite fine and was heading towards returning, but then the issue would return. And I don't think it was described as headaches, I'm reasonably confident it was fatigue that he encountered.
Yes. Wasn't headaches but having issues with his energy levels after training. He passed all the memory tests they do after concussions and never had any issues with them.

For a thread that wasn't needed it seems to be spending a long time at the top of the board.
Yes it is EC! My point exactly when I was chastised in creating the thread, clearly Sam is a player that has many supporters intrigued.

For the record, i think he has an enormous ability to be a great defender that would present opportunities to release Lever into a variety of positions.

I would love to see him fly in 2017

Yeah exactly so he never had continuity of full time training at full exertion so jury out on hamstring

Sad for Sam, I really though he could have been a player for us if he could have ironed out his kicking and managed to stay fit. No matter what you think of a player though, it's always sad to see someone prevented from doing what they love by injury.

Good luck Sam, hope there are no long lasting effects from this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very concerning news. Reckon he had some potential to become a good player when he first started out.

Hope everything gets better for you soon, Sam.

Likely same as Jaensch this year. 1 short, but allows us to upgrade a rookie whenever we want
Difference is that we lost the ability to replace Jaensch when he started playing in the Hills league. Shaw is unlikely to play again, at any level, so we have the ability to upgrade a rookie at any time during the season.

Echo everyone's thoughts on Sam and his future. Sad story.

Thats not good news, must be very concerning for him.

Without being crude, what happens now, do we get pick 125, uprade Keath or play one short?

I think we will have 1 extra rookie, bank some salary cap room so we can go over 100% salary cap in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back