Sam Skinner and Flynn Appleby

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone pay attention to how Skinner went in our last couple of practice games? Don’t see any need for Appleby tbh

This is it in a nutshell Dev and we tread over this annually... there's a link for a specific set of rules at the bottom of the page and we still have to oblige them. Bad/disagreeable posting isn't ban worthy and the problem is we believe some people are actual North posters with bad takes as opposed to trolls. The ignore feature is built for them.

And of course, perspective. We have people that get others can't believe aren't punished enough who believe they're punished too much. And as mods we welcome, and love, the report function for our forum because it helps us see things we miss but at the same time it doesn't mean those reports are right. I've heard some horror stories about other forums, as longs as the mods here keep a light hearted look on things and don't take things personally it'll stay one of the best forums to be a part of.
Best mods on the entire site right here.

You excluded of course

Did anyone pay attention to how Skinner went in our last couple of practice games? Don’t see any need for Appleby tbh

Went a couple weeks ago and he gets to contests but from what I can see he’s not a one grab mark.
Kept dropping them in pack situations - he might be a lead up player

Went a couple weeks ago and he gets to contests but from what I can see he’s not a one grab mark.
Kept dropping them in pack situations - he might be a lead up player
I know he was doing something similar when he was in the ruck conests. Knocking the ball down so they could practice ground balls etc.
Was it that or he couldn't actually mark? Always seemed pretty strong overhead.

I think in the period after our match tomorrow is when the potential signing of skinner, I’m assuming because he is playing tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Super keen to see how skinner performs against an actual opponent tomorrow.
Will probably help determine if he keep him or look for another tall forward to bear the load of Brown leaving.
Really hope he can surprise people tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was about to debate this but reread and agree with you.

I thought he'd stated this:

It wouldn't be a bad thing for the future of the club if tarrant went down with a season ending injury 2moro as that way, we don't have to fret over who to leave out as Mackay consolidates at FB, walker at CHB and Corr the versatile tall.

Meaning he saw Skinner as good contingency.

Rereading it, he does seem to say Tarrant getting injured could be positive. Which is pretty off.

🤣 I’m beginning to think Rad Roo is really Brian from “Life of Brian”. Every time he posts people have to study them deeply and come up with different interpretations.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully Sam gets judged on his body of work at training as much as anything.

Not many players shone yesterday. So it's bit hard to judge a young, very experienced KPF coming off multiple career interrupting injuries playing his first game for a club that got thrashed by close to 100 pts.

I don’t think either is up to it.

Save it for mid season when we can see a body of work from the kids that missed out.
Sadly after our first preseason game I have to agree with this.
At this point I'd rather North just take 2 picks to the midseason draft.

I'll say it again, how in hell can you stamp Skinner's papers based on a thrashing in a practice match?

Young key forward with multiple knee injuries. 3 career games over a 4 year period.

We went in for his 1st game in eons with a new team with a pre-pubescent midfield in a new gameplan under a new coach against a strong opponent yesterday.

What would you expect? He was going to drag down 13 marks and kick 8 goals?

What I did see from his shot was that he has a nice action and gave it a hell of a roost. Maybe there's something there.

I'll say it again, how in hell can you stamp Skinner's papers based on a thrashing in a practice match?

Young key forward with multiple knee injuries. 3 career games over a 4 year period.

We went in for his 1st game in ions with a new team with a pre-pubescent midfield in a new gameplan under a new coach against a strong opponent yesterday.

What would you expect? He was going to drag down 13 marks and kick 8 goals?

What I did see from his shot was that he has a nice action and gave it a hell of a roost. Maybe there's something there.
As misguided as proclaiming a bloke who kicked 4 on the other end of a 90 point hiding.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We need a tall forward. Larkey isn't good enough to be the big banana, and Zurhaar wont be enough to help him. I think there were high hopes for Comben, which is why Wood got the chop. I was hoping we'd draft Callow. I'd be expecting the recruiters to be locked in a meeting double checking which tall forwards are eligible to be taken now......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back