Sam Skinner and Flynn Appleby

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The backline balance is going to be interesting. I'm worried about the top-heavy approach with Ziebell back there too, but our small defender/rebounder depth isn't sufficient enough atm to warrant him moving back to the forward line.

L Mac - McKay - Taz
Ziebell - Corr - Atley

Hayden/Young? TT as the utility option and in the back line for spurts?

Depth: Young, Perez, Josh Walker, Patrick Walker and maybe Atu.

Forward line poses its own issues. Definitely need some additional KPP depth in this mid-season draft.
I hear you..
we’re flicking around magnets to get the best mix.

personally I’d like to see

Ziebell - McKay - Atu/Turner
LMac - Corr - Atley/Perez
Polec - Cunnington - Stephenson
Zurhaar - Larkey - Mahoney/Scott
Taylor - Tarrant - TT

it’s a hell of a more balanced. Ziebell becomes a general back there, release LMac and or Atley to do there thing running off half back.

Walker comes in or off the bench, if we’re desperately in need of marking power. Depending on match ups.

Looking over the list were desperate need for a small defender.

Last edited:
There were several rucks in last year's draft e.g. Max Heath, Kalin Lane, Henry Walsh & Zac Phillips, that didn't get taken at all. May be a good opportunity to see which one develops the best over the first part of the season and take them in the mid-season draft.
Ruck? Ruck/Forward? KPP utility?

I'm not sure what options are out there, but I would prefer a more KPP orientated player as depth. Young rucks are not the immediate concern (definitely long-term, but we still have three rucks on our list atm). A decent ruck should be targeted next draft.

I hear you..
we’re flicking around magnets to get the best mix.

personally I’d like to see

Ziebell - McKay - Atu/Turner
LMac - Corr - Atley/Perez
Polec - Cunnington - Stephenson
Zurhaar - Larkey - Mahoney/Scott
Taylor - Tarrant - TT

it’s a hell of a more balanced. Ziebell becomes a general back there, release LMac and or Atley to do there thing running off half back.

Walker comes in or off the bench, if we’re desperately in need of marking power. Depending on match ups.

Looking over the list were desperate need for a small defender.
I'm not against Taz forward.

Has shown more than Walker in that regard. I think it is forward or bust for Turner, he doesn't have the kicking skills for a defender. Atu has apparently struggled to get enough footy up forward but is quick and strong enough to play a lockdown role. What about Hayden, is he a midfielder now? Is TT a utility that plays forward/middle/back? Is Perez going to be fit enough and, if so, play wing or back? Is Menadue a HB option?

A lot of questions.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not against Taz forward.

Has shown more than Walker in that regard. I think it is forward or bust for Turner, he doesn't have the kicking skills for a defender. Atu has apparently struggled to get enough footy up forward but is quick and strong enough to play a lockdown role. What about Hayden, is he a midfielder now? Is TT a utility that plays forward/middle/back? Is Perez going to be fit enough and, if so, play wing or back? Is Menadue a HB option?

A lot of questions.

we’ve got so many of that 190cm skilled HF type player, who may make it in the midfield/HF/HB they simply can’t all be in the same team.

I don’t mind a turner down back, we need more of that manic pressure all over the ground. His kicking skills to a player at that 35/40m are pretty good.

I can see someone like Spicer coming in a playing that small forward role halfway through the season and absolutely panning it, there’s a spot up for the taking.

Spit balling, makes it a hell of a lot clearer why our first two picks were pure mids in the draft. So thankful Brady came home.

Can't help but feel we missed a trick not going for Alec Waterman.
Yea. I thought he offered a bit of potential. All well, hindsight is a fickle thing. * may have been in his ear for a while anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ruck? Ruck/Forward? KPP utility?

I'm not sure what options are out there, but I would prefer a more KPP orientated player as depth. Young rucks are not the immediate concern (definitely long-term, but we still have three rucks on our list atm). A decent ruck should be targeted next draft.
I actually think rucks are an immediate concern, in that we need to draft a young ruck this year (whether that be mid-season draft or the draft at end of year) because young rucks will take a good few years to develop and by that time Campbell and probably Goldy will be gone. We don't want to get half way through 2025, sitting in the top 4, then Xerri goes down for the year and our back up ruck options are a 20 yr old bean pole or some mature age spud discarded from two other clubs. Teams have been successful without a good ruckman, but if we are challenging I'd rather have one than not.

I was hoping we'd take a ruck in the rookie draft last year, but the mid-season draft might present a good option to see some more development in them before we make a selection from the best of the 19 yr olds. Avoids needing to use a pick in the main draft at the end of the year on them too. The same also applies to a key forward and I'd be happy if we took one of them in the mid-season draft. We only need one player to be on the long term injury list for us to take two picks in the mid-season draft, so we are in a pretty good position list space wise to make the most of that.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I actually think rucks are an immediate concern, in that we need to draft a young ruck this year (whether that be mid-season draft or the draft at end of year) because young rucks will take a good few years to develop and by that time Campbell and probably Goldy will be gone. We don't want to get half way through 2025, sitting in the top 4, then Xerri goes down for the year and our back up ruck options are a 20 yr old bean pole or some mature age spud discarded from two other clubs. Teams have been successful without a good ruckman, but if we are challenging I'd rather have one than not.

I was hoping we'd take a ruck in the rookie draft last year, but the mid-season draft might present a good option to see some more development in them before we make a selection from the best of the 19 yr olds. Avoids needing to use a pick in the main draft at the end of the year on them too. The same also applies to a key forward and I'd be happy if we took one of them in the mid-season draft. We only need one player to be on the long term injury list for us to take two picks in the mid-season draft, so we are in a pretty good position list space wise to make the most of that.

Hopefully we have two picks.
First one for best player and second for developing big man - either ruck or KPF.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What would he banned for? There are some pretty clear lines drawn with regards to the rules, and being a generally sh*t poster isn't against them otherwise bigfooty would barely exist.

Always be careful what you wish for. Does someone who posts more infrequently but of a similar quality also deserve a ban? What about someone that posts more frequently but not quite as bad? What specific posts are ban 'worthy' and why, and how many other posts/posters would go the way of the dod if that standard was universal?

Ignore/block/respond/refute him (or anyone else) as you please IMO, but regardless of how 'bad' a poster that people, including me, think he is he isn't exactly running rampant breaking rules.
I woud love to see who is the most ignored person on this site.
I think if you get to a certain % of posters ignoring maybe its time to take a break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back