Sam Skinner and Flynn Appleby

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon come mid-season with exposed form from the over-agers in the pool that (likely high) pick is going to be like gold

I assume we can add another if someone is on the LTI list?
Agree, and that's correct. Will be interesting to see how many clubs take a pick in the mid-season draft. If we are 17th, we could well end up with picks 2 and 14 or something like that. But this might be a year where clubs will manage things to make sure they can take a pick in the mid-season. (And by "manage", I just mean overstate an injury to a young player to put them on the LTI list or the like - not pulling a Tonya Harding or anything ;) )

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree, and that's correct. Will be interesting to see how many clubs take a pick in the mid-season draft. If we are 17th, we could well end up with picks 2 and 14 or something like that. But this might be a year where clubs will manage things to make sure they can take a pick in the mid-season. (And by "manage", I just mean overstate an injury to a young player to put them on the LTI list or the like - not pulling a Tonya Harding or anything ;) )
i dont even think that we would have to overstate that would we? surely Charlie Comben fits that definition already?

Charlie Comben will face an extended stint on the sidelines, following surgery to repair a tibial stress fracture in his right leg.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i dont even think that we would have to overstate that would we? surely Charlie Comben fits that definition already?
Yeah I wasn't really meaning us - was talking more about clubs like the filth. Was saying that if all other clubs find a way to get a pick in the MSD, our picks would end up 2 and 20 rather than 2 and 14 or the like.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Yeah I wasn't really meaning us - was talking more about clubs like the filth. Was saying that if all other clubs find a way to get a pick in the MSD, our picks would end up 2 and 20 rather than 2 and 14 or the like.

It was mentioned on SEN that Melbourne may have 4 list spots available now they have 2 LTI's.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Skinner got the 'big boy' physique, i wouldn't mind if he is another josh walker type pick up, i.e. a very servicable player who is an excellent fit at a new club because he is given the opportunity. It wouldn't be a bad thing for the future of the club is tarrant is to go down with a season ending injury 2moro as that way, we don't have to fret over who to leave out as Mackay consolidates at FB, walker at CHB and Corr the versatile tall.
Would you like to revisit this post now that Skinner has been delisted?

Wishing for our best defender to go down with injury so that a kid who isn't even up to AFL standard can take his place looks like an even stupider idea now yeah?

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have we got rid of them now so we can go try poach someone trying elsewhere.... or is it just we have seen all we need to

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it’s a decision with an eye on the mid season draft. I think we will likely pick up 2 players.

If there is ever going to be a successful batch in the mid season draft, it is this year.

Last edited:

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You writing Charlie off aswell? Hopefully using these 4 mths to bulk up his top half....

Not necessarily writing him off, but there is a chance he will be on the LTI list.

It’s pretty rare not to have at least one player on the LTI list by the half way point of the year, especially at our club. Last season off the top my head we had Jacobs, Turner and Comben out long term. In previous years we have had plenty more.

Last edited:

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not necessarily writing him off, but there is a chance he will be on the LTI list.

It’s pretty rare not to have at least one player on the LTI list by the half way point of the year, especially at our club. Last season off the top my head we had Jacobs, Turner and Comben out long term. In previous years we have had plenty more.

I reckon 100% he's on the LTI list come mid year.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would you like to revisit this post now that Skinner has been delisted?

Wishing for our best defender to go down with injury so that a kid who isn't even up to AFL standard can take his place looks like an even stupider idea now yeah?

I didn't read RR post, but Noble was a fan of Skinner, but how brutal are we? One showing and ya shite and gone. I like it !

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
LOL- well am not sure who's partnering Larkey , he'll be slaughtered and oh apparently we didn't go overly hard against the Saints, as it wasn't about that.

We'll see of course.

The plan could be for Turner to piggyback the resting midfielder.

Listening to the coach on SEN, it does sound like we’ll be going small.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
The plan could be for Turner to piggyback the resting midfielder.

Listening to the coach on SEN, it does sound like we’ll be going small.

Sounds like it's only going to get worse then.

I don't have a lot of hope if our key forward line consists of Larkey and Turner.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
LOL- well am not sure who's partnering Larkey , he'll be slaughtered and oh apparently we didn't go overly hard against the Saints, as it wasn't about that.

We'll see of course.

I'm sure your oil is good but after 10 years of preseason "oh we were just experimenting" under Scott then Shaw for the briefest of periods excuse me if I take that with a pinch.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Sounds like it's only going to get worse then.

I don't have a lot of hope if our key forward line consists of Larkey and Turner.
Not sure how much worse it can get. Let's hope some initial pain is the starting point to better times.

Lord knows we've just pissed 4 seasons up against a wall with seemingly no direction.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure how much worse it can get. Let's hope some initial pain is the starting point to better times.

Lord knows we've just pissed 4 seasons up against a wall with seemingly no direction.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Oh think we're in for some pain probably 24 months of it. Which when one thinks its been a painful 20 odd years, 24 months is a walk in the park.

At least during the last four seasons spent wandering in the wilderness we did manage to snaffle some young talent that seems suited to the modern game. Which is quite the grand effort on our behalf.

And we also managed to get Polecs or is that poleaxed? One does sometimes ponder such things during those infrequent lucid moments. Just messing about Polec, he can play a role peeps just we shouldn't have got him. But easy to say that with my Cpt Hindsight cape on.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Oh think we're in for some pain probably 24 months of it. Which when one thinks its been a painful 20 odd years, 24 months is a walk in the park.

At least during the last four seasons spent wandering in the wilderness we did manage to snaffle some young talent that seems suited to the modern game. Which is quite the grand effort on our behalf.

And we also managed to get Polecs or is that poleaxed? One does sometimes ponder such things during those infrequent lucid moments. Just messing about Polec, he can play a role peeps just we shouldn't have got him. But easy to say that with my Cpt Hindsight cape on.

If we have a clear direction and attempt to play some decent footy, I can do another 24 months on me ear. A belly full of beer might help too.

Hopefully Ol’ Capn Hindsight will prevent us repeating our mistakes. It is the definition of insanity they tell me.

I wonder what the AFL Flatulator makes of it all?

Back