Sam Skinner and Flynn Appleby

Remove this Banner Ad

Skinner has signed with South Adelaide apparently so good luck to him.
South have been *en raped & pillaged for big men & this system set up by the AFL the last few years.
As a life long (& the whole family way back) South supporter I can’t wait for the day/s we make the Grandy/win it all again.

Im still just slightly confused & need clarification for the lads back in SA ...is Skinner’s nickname ‘Apples’?

Still in desperate need of at least 1 more tall forward.

Turned your back on Skinner, Comben out for season, Xerri OP, and Larkey Forward Ruck, and no defender that can play forward. Campbell can’t play forward or compete as well as Larkey in the ruck. Lucky you have a spare list spot doing nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Turned your back on Skinner, Comben out for season, Xerri OP, and Larkey Forward Ruck, and no defender that can play forward. Campbell can’t play forward or compete as well as Larkey in the ruck. Lucky you have a spare list spot doing nothing.
Still have Josh Walker but I get and agree with your point.
Good tall forwards don't grow on trees and we're not about to offer one with 15 games in 3 years 850k+ either.

You're not from round here are you ? 🙄

You made a prelim final with this guy as your key forward...

1614817940554.png

I think we will be okay.

Tarrant, Walker and McKay can. McKay probably won't due to development needs, but the others can.

Rather than bemoan a lack of tall forwards and picking blokes who can't play just because they're tall, I'm more interested to see how our forward set up works once we refine our game style. At the moment it's probably going to be an issue, but will it be an issue in time if/when we move the ball better and at speed?

If we were going to move a defender, I'd be looking at McKay. He's got a good set of hands and can also take a turn in the ruck. If we need another tall defender, go and find another Josh Walker. There'd be plenty around in the reserves or at state league level. Not many good sides of recent years spend a lot of currency on tall defenders. They're failed forwards, rookies or state league players.

Rather than bemoan a lack of tall forwards and picking blokes who can't play just because they're tall, I'm more interested to see how our forward set up works once we refine our game style. At the moment it's probably going to be an issue, but will it be an issue in time if/when we move the ball better and at speed?

If we were going to move a defender, I'd be looking at McKay. He's got a good set of hands and can also take a turn in the ruck. If we need another tall defender, go and find another Josh Walker. There'd be plenty around in the reserves or at state league level. Not many good sides of recent years spend a lot of currency on tall defenders. They're failed forwards, rookies or state league players.

Interesting point. Not sure how right you are, but it's worth thinking about. The only issue with playing McKay forward for mine is how does it affect his development. I'd rather move Tarrant forward.

Interesting point. Not sure how right you are, but it's worth thinking about. The only issue with playing McKay forward for mine is how does it affect his development. I'd rather move Tarrant forward.

We might find ourselves a really good big forward in McKay. If it doesn't work, move him back. Playing as a tall defender isn't rocket science.

Still have Josh Walker but I get and agree with your point.
Good tall forwards don't grow on trees and we're not about to offer one with 15 games in 3 years 850k+ either.

Had a good one and opportunity to develop him for free. Instead choose to have an open list spot, than a 23/24 y/o ready to go, that was a handful for Harris Andrews at training.

Had a good one and opportunity to develop him for free. Instead choose to have an open list spot, than a 23/24 y/o ready to go, that was a handful for Harris Andrews at training.

I don't mean to sound facetious but if he was that good why is he not on Brisbane's list?

Obviously wasn't good enough.
Great first couple of weeks at training and then had fallen off a little by the end of it.
Didn't exactly take the game on and impress in the praccy match either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously wasn't good enough.
Great first couple of weeks at training and then had fallen off a little by the end of it.
Didn't exactly take the game on and impress in the praccy match either.
Seen him play 3-4 games for the Lions was never ever going to make it on our list. I would be more interested in how Callow is going mid year.

So it’s settled -
Tarrant >>>>>>>Andrews

He couldn’t get a kick on Taz at training.

If we have a clear direction and attempt to play some decent footy, I can do another 24 months on me ear. A belly full of beer might help too.

Hopefully Ol’ Capn Hindsight will prevent us repeating our mistakes. It is the definition of insanity they tell me.

I wonder what the AFL Flatulator makes of it all?

I actually think it will be an exciting journey back to on field relevance, we got some talent. Yeah I told the boss once at work I should get him a cape with a "H" on the back, he liked it as it obviously stood for hero. Reckon best we don't dwell on the past as the future is exciting although a touch unnerving I must admit....

Think the Flatulator is a goner mate , last I heard he’d ventured down fetish St and got himself in all kinds of trouble . Just how he rolls I guess . We shouldn’t judge though . I did manage to get a hold of some of his texts recently. He’s met a lovely lass. He mumbled something about hot wax, dog leashes, collars, chains and plastic sheets. He also stated that's she's into pegging, so must be a surveyor. Oh will add Flatulator hates surveying. So yeah so not sure ol Flat can get him out of his current pickle. Oh Ms Melissa is apparently keen on meeting the L.O.W. and ******* up his s**t.

And this post is about training. And we don't have a forum to cover this type of stuff- why don't we?

s 0C740A02-BABB-4584-91FE-CAEFB6929F28.jpeg

I don't mean to sound facetious but if he was that good why is he not on Brisbane's list?

They had 6 key forwards and being in the premiership window don’t change the side to get games into rookies. You guys don’t have that luxury. Hope Larkey doesn’t get injured.
Just think he would have offered more than an empty list spot. See he has signed with STH Adelaide so will be interesting to see how he goes there.

Tarrant can, but most likely doesn't happen don't underestimate the overhead strength of resting mids and medium forwards, Cunnington, Garner, Zurhaar Taylor, TT, even Bailey Scott ...ball movement inside 50 is what's imporant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back