Injury Sam Skinner - ongoing ACL recovery (it's fine everyone, Nunez just trialling psychological warfare)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Omfg Skinner did his ACL again

The Brisbane Lions confirmed this morning that promising defender Sam Skinner has suffered an ACL injury in the Lions NEAFL side’s win over the GWS Giants on Saturday.

The 20-year-old ruptured his ACL on his right knee and will require surgery.

This is the third time he’s suffered this same injury, after already damaging his ACL twice on his left knee.

Earlier this year, Skinner made his long-awaited debut in Round 19 against the West Coast Eagles in Perth, where he kicked two goals.

Skinner fought through a challenging twelve months in the lead up to that moment. In 2016, he was set to debut against Port Adelaide, before he was cruelly struck with an ACL rupture.

General Manager of Football Operations David Noble said:

"The club is extremely disappointed by another blow to Sam's career after seeing how hard he worked over this last summer to get back and make his debut."

"Sam has shown great resilience & strength of character with his previous injuries.

"We will provide every support for him and his family from a medical and wellbeing perspective."
The Club are rallying behind Skinner during this difficult time.

Bloody hell, poor guy. Hopefully he takes some inspiration from guys like Menzel and Johnstone and gets back to playing again. He must be pretty bloody frustrated at the moment. Going to be a decent guitar player by the end of all of this.

If there's a single player at the club that you'd pick to get through this again it's Sam. Wonderful bloke and has always shown so much resilience.

Hopefully the club back him in and extend his contract by another year if he's willing to go through the process again. Totally understandable if he can't face it though; it's a long road.

Genuinely devestated for the lad, hope he can get his body right and solidify a spot in our best 22. He's been great to watch this season, can't wait to see him back. We're all behind you Sammy.

*!

Get better sam, hope to see you back training soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor kid. I know that in the grand scheme of things there are plenty of worse things that could happen to you in life, but it must be incredibly frustrating and mentally draining to have this happen again and face a third straight year of rehab and little or no footy. :(

Bloody hell, poor guy. Hopefully he takes some inspiration from guys like Menzel and Johnstone and gets back to playing again. He must be pretty bloody frustrated at the moment. Going to be a decent guitar player by the end of all of this.

Patton is another one who seems eventually to have gotten over his ACL issues.

Poor kid. I hope he sticks at it and gets some reward.

Just terrible for him.......like others, hoping the club sticks by him and helps him through, although I'm sure they will. I thought of Dan Menzel.

When hearing these sorts of injuries, I can't help wondering why it happens.....is it a weakness in the individual's body structure or is it from training routine.

Either way, it's so cruel to happen at all, but to happen again is devastating........be strong Sam, we wish you well and are thinking of you:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back