Injury Sam Skinner - ongoing ACL recovery (it's fine everyone, Nunez just trialling psychological warfare)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam was really good in the reserves today, took some great intercept marks and some decent disposal. He made a few mistakes but you would expect that on the back of so long out of the game.

IMO he has gone ahead of Jack Frost in the KPD pecking order already.

Credit where credits due, Frost played pretty well and has been a much more consistent defender this year.

Dodongo thinks he will be playing seniors up forward come round 20. Or down back if we get injuries. It won't be long until he is pushing down the door
I am loving the fact that you think he will be good enough to step up again, but I personally think he would be best playing out the year in the 2’s.
Have a strong and complete pre-season and then push for a Senior birth early next year. I rate the kid as much as anyone but I think he really should be eased back in and not have to make the step up too soon. Because it is a massive step up from NEAFL to the AFL level and he still has a long time left in the game.

Dodongo

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Based on...?

As a junior, Skinner was better than Weitering and was probably the best KPP. Skinner just hasn't been able to come on due to his knees. Dodongo thinks Sam would have gone top 15, maybe 10 in his draft year if it wasn't for his knee. Sam is also great at intercept marks and finding the right position.

Trust Dodongo here. If Sam gets over his knee problems he will be a multiple All Australian. Dodongo doesn't think people realise how much of a gem we have here. Dodongo is hoping like hell that Skinner gets over this ACL problem

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As a junior, Skinner was better than Weitering and was probably the best KPP. Skinner just hasn't been able to come on due to his knees. Dodongo thinks Sam would have gone top 15, maybe 10 in his draft year if it wasn't for his knee. Sam is also great at intercept marks and finding the right position.

Trust Dodongo here. If Sam gets over his knee problems he will be a multiple All Australian. Dodongo doesn't think people realise how much of a gem we have here. Dodongo is hoping like hell that Skinner gets over this ACL problem
This doesn't make sense. If he was better than Weitering and possibly the best KPP in his draft year then why would he only go top 15/10 instead of being above Weitering?

He was OK, he's a very limited player though, I was being a tad sarcastic with my quip.
Yes, one can't imagine he will ever reach any great heights. Collingwood don't hand over players they think are any good.

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys,

Sorry to intrude - especially because the last time I did it bumped this thread to the top and scared the s**t out of a few people on Sams behalf!

If anyone was around a while ago, I posted briefly about ACLs and tried to shed some light on what I've been finding about the issue.

In short my experience as a Physio has given me great perspective on what I think my industry as a whole is missing about the issue.

In light of Nic Nat's most recent misfortune I've decided to pull my finger out and put a post together. Hopefully this can shed some light for those interested.

If you are please have a read and let me know your thoughts.

Apologies again if this gives a few an unnecessary heart attack!

LINK: https://bit.ly/2mNg6iw
895da9b36fff0f8442c4da7a02002f34.jpg

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Hey guys,

Sorry to intrude - especially because the last time I did it bumped this thread to the top and scared the s**t out of a few people on Sams behalf!

If anyone was around a while ago, I posted briefly about ACLs and tried to shed some light on what I've been finding about the issue.

In short my experience as a Physio has given me great perspective on what I think my industry as a whole is missing about the issue.

In light of Nic Nat's most recent misfortune I've decided to pull my finger out and put a post together. Hopefully this can shed some light for those interested.

Great read again Sven, I'm going to link this to our lions insider thread for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,

Great read as always.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Thanks again mate! Not sure what that is but I'm grateful all the same :)
Lions insider is a poster on our board who is on staff at the Lions, I have met them and I'm sure they'd at least be open minded re passing it on to our medical and rehab team, have a look at our lions insider thread.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey all, sorry to bump the thread as I know it can give some unnecessary heartbreak. But I was wondering if anyone took a copy of the article? The old website has since been corrupted and I've lost some in-depth pieces. All I have is an old draft thats about 1/3 finished. Cheers.
Mate you scared the s**t out of me...

Redeye Rambler

Team Captain
Oct 29, 2008
Toowoomba
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey all, sorry to bump the thread as I know it can give some unnecessary heartbreak. But I was wondering if anyone took a copy of the article? The old website has since been corrupted and I've lost some in-depth pieces. All I have is an old draft thats about 1/3 finished. Cheers.

I don't have a copy of any of your articles, but take a look at https://web.archive.org. Also known as the "Wayback Machine". It is an archive of webpages. I did a quick search and checked a few of the snapshot dates. It has several snapshots of your site, including a few dead ends, but this one from March last year looks ok. Note, this did take me about 10 mins to load the page, so you may need to exercise a little patience.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180404191845/http://www.peninsulaphysio.com.au/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back