Toast Sam Walsh Rnd 4 Rising Star Nominee

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow. Sure, he's no Bailey Smith but reckon he'll do just fine.

Hard to understand where the likes of some come across regarding Walsh.
It's like he can't get any better.............but just you watch out for everyone else. :)

Now now Harks, a career takes longer to build than just 4 games or a year. Remember guys like Lewis Taylor winning the RS?

Everyone knew Walsh was a beauty/bust proof. Let's just enjoy what he has to offer

Cripptonite

All Australian
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Well done Sam! The best first four games I have seen from a player. I could not be more impressed right now especially after his courage and resilience from that Witts hit on the weekend. I hope he can continue his amazing start and build on it for many years to come in the navy blue 👍

Press Box Wing

Debutant
May 19, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Just watched the RS presser video. Wow - just when you think the kid can't be any more impressive - so composed and measured in the face of some pretty ordinary questions. Love that laser focus stare.

Just watched the RS presser video. Wow - just when you think the kid can't be any more impressive - so composed and measured in the face of some pretty ordinary questions. Love that laser focus stare.

He is an alumni of the Jacob Weitering Deadpan School of Media Performances, with a major in Straight Bat Responses

• Sat with Sam's family in round 1; very proud to see him play
  • First met Sam in u16, could tell he was different immediately; off field as much as on field
  • Sam develops himself as much as (more than) the coaches; picks weaknesses and then goes off to fix them
  • Talent is one thing, but guys like Sam push themselves (Worpel another); he is an elite runner but would leave training absolutely spent - trains the way he plays
  • Weaknesses? Speed is above average, just not as standout as other traits. But his agility and footy IQ makes up for it
  • Comes across as measured, ultra-professional but has a fun, playful side. Loved by teammates. Brought up well by parents, lived in NT for a while and really mature
  • Sam was modest about where he might be drafted, but Dan suspects Sam was deep down driven to go #1 and proud to have reached that achievement

Not to mention Greenwood was 25yo when he debuted, Kelly was 23.

Kerr was 17 when he debuted. In his 2nd season he came runner up in the Eagles B&F as an 18/19yo! :eek: So underrated due to Judd, Cousins and off-field stuff.

In any case, just proves how much of a freak Walshy is (in a good way).

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
oh yes, he was awesome when watched bit of last quarter of game down at Geelong. Really taken his game to A levels in last 12 months.

still not worth chasing because he refused to take a drug test according to some......Carlton the home of the wholesome except for fassy boy

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
still not worth chasing because he refused to take a drug test according to some......Carlton the home of the wholesome except for fassy boy

We got Walsh!!!! If we chased Whitfield or someone of that ilk before this year, no way do we still get Walsh.

Our midifeld is set up for next decade with Crippa, Walsh, SPS, Dow, Setterfield, Fisher, Cuningham, Kennedy, Stocker and O'Brien.

Let them play and learn together this year and big things in store for us, sooner than later, despite the Henny Penny's out and about.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
i did read a thread of the tigers board, and one of the posters said ross is already better then walsh :drunk::drunk:
Your first big mistake was going to the Tiggies board.
Your second big mistake was opening a thread on the Tiggies board.
Rookie error, but make sure you learn from it.

Juddrockz

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
A absolute gun! Cant even imagine what Sam will be like with 50 games under his belt??
He needs to pull his shorts down a fraction,theyre close to strangling him.
But i guess if Sam continues to play as he's playing we wouldnt care if he wore his shorts on his head?? Haha.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Prior to draft, i believe the only concern about Walshy was his kicking disposal. Up until now I can't spot any problem in this area, in fact I reckon it has been excellent.
His kicking was a little bit inconsistent at times last year, but you can see he has made a point of working on this through the pre-season, like the true professional he is.

Back