Toast Sam Walsh Rnd 4 Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

18 touches at 61% 6 marks 3 tackles 1 clearance, if we want to talk about rising star, this is walshy's worst game statistically (in a totally flogging at the hands of GWS)

Rozee bottoms out at 12 touches at 75%, 4 clangers, 1 mark 1 clearance. Rozee has been amazing, but gee i'm glad we don't have kane the flog as our retrospective recruiter!

Sam is simply a class above. When the biggest knock you can find on a player is, "maybe he won't get any better!?" then you have a good one. Name me a player that came into the league as an 18 y/o gun and didn't get any better? injury is the only thing that will hold Walshy back. Will start getting a tag soon enough. Two guys that I want with ball in hand kicking inside 50, Walsh and Samo, and its more likely to be Walshy because he gets it a lot...

Amazing for an 18yo :clapping::clapping::clapping:

D8mDH-8UcAAcTiV.jpg

Sam - what a gun. He is getting Selwood comparisons but I actually see Cotchin (a better version of course :p). He has the same low centre of gravity, side-step and hunched over running and kicking style.

Everyone has covered how great he is. One small feature I would add - he has an absolutely uncanny ability to hit a target while being heavily tackled. A freak in every way. Love him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And when it looks like he's going to get smashed in a tackle he moves just a little bit and he's in open space ..our next skipper too I reckon..in 5 years..

Oh that's a bookmarker son!

It’s absurd to suggest Sam Walsh has little development in him.
As he matures, fills out, hardens his body and fine tunes his skills, endurance he’ll be Brownlow material.
At 21 or 22 years of age we’ll have a champion and potential captain.

Correct.

People are downplaying the scope for him to develop his contested game and hit the scoreboard.

And when it looks like he's going to get smashed in a tackle he moves just a little bit and he's in open space ..our next skipper too I reckon..in 5 years..

That's the only one he might find difficult. At this stage, Crippa is looking like a lock for skipper pretty much until he retires (hopefully around the age of 38).

I guess the knock was always whether there was tons of improvement. But screw that. He's already awesome, he doesn't need to improve. If he played at his first year level for 12 years he'd have a fine AFL career.

He will improve, though. He'll be playing in the Tom Mitchell, Lachie Neale sort of possession space very soon, and for a long time.
Yeah THIS

He’s 25 possesions a game....NOW

Who cares if he doesn’t improve? He’s already a gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back