Toast Sam Walsh Rnd 4 Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with Walsh is that he makes things look somewhat easy and for that reason alone, may be seen to be somewhat 'ordinary'

His execution comes about for a minimum of fuss, but sometimes we like the 'fuss'. End result is all that matters and on that measure alone - He's a star.

If the judging panel is anything like 2017 (first panel which popped up in a Google search) then I doubt that he will get full marks.

Panel = Gillon McLachlan (chairman), Kevin Sheehan, Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Andrew Dillon, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson and Warren Tredrea.

Can see KB and Richo giving 5 to Stack and Tredrea giving 5 to Rozee.....
A few blokes there that I can honestly say in all likelihood have no idea! 🤪
Be very worried!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a bit of Simon Black about this kid about the way he goes about it. He’s putting up similar numbers in his first year to what a young Black was doing by the end of his second and of course Simon won the Brownlow in his fifth year (not to mention his second premiership).

Black had better disposal out the gate and you would hope Sam can improve that aspect over a couple of pre seasons. His elite endurance is what makes him such a weapon at a young age. Amazing how much two way running he does.

He had 12 touches and a goal at quarter time and copped very heavy attention all through the 2nd. They were dead set worried about him and stopping him went a long way to getting their run on.

He is an absolute freak and people are in for a bigger shock once he develops that acceleration he has hiding there. Will be Judd-like.

copped very heavy attention all through the 2nd

Redden gave him, Schumacher and SPS some very interesting treatment - not to mention his dirty tackle on Setterfield including a shove while he was clearly on the ground injured. Steven Baker type dirtiness - intention to inflict hurt to gain an advantage type stuff. If Fev was still around he would have surely put his massive shoulder into him similar to his friendly Nathan Brown nudge 15 years ago (which he got suspended for).

Last edited:
There’s a bit of Simon Black about this kid about the way he goes about it. He’s putting up similar numbers in his first year to what a young Black was doing by the end of his second and of course Simon won the Brownlow in his fifth year (not to mention his second premiership).

Black had better disposal out the gate and you would hope Sam can improve that aspect over a couple of pre seasons. His elite endurance is what makes him such a weapon at a young age. Amazing how much two way running he does.

Walsh V Black 2nd year

black.png

He is an absolute freak and people are in for a bigger shock once he develops that acceleration he has hiding there. Will be Judd-like

I was always sad that we never saw Judd and cripps playing together in full flight. But I am salivating at the thought of seeing Cripps and Walsh playing together for the next decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back