Sam Walsh vs Connor Rozee

Who is the superior talent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible Rozee was incapable of starting in the midfield?

At Port yes, so in his rookie year he decided to lead Ports goal kicking (which happened to be more than anyone at Carlton too)!

Would he have been given a chance in Carltons Midfield that had the likes of Marc Murphy, Ed Curnow, Patty Dow, ect. Absolutely!

who'd he play against? west Coast reserves team?
Rozee had some poor games this year.
When did he have some poor performances? By far ports most consistent player.

Give me 25 disposals + goals from Rozee over 32 disposals from Walsh any day

Rozee gets heaps more meters gained, far more kicks and has a far better kicking accuracy. Walsh gets heaps of disposals but cheap handballs and chip kicks.

Impact wise Rozee is ahead. Will pass him this year in BnF and All Australians at this rate as well

When did he have some poor performances? By far ports most consistent player.

Give me 25 disposals + goals from Rozee over 32 disposals from Walsh any day

Rozee gets heaps more meters gained, far more kicks and has a far better kicking accuracy. Walsh gets heaps of disposals but cheap handballs and chip kicks.

Impact wise Rozee is ahead. Will pass him this year in BnF and All Australians at this rate as well
I might have been harsh saying poor. I think he's coming about 30th in the coaches votes award which is ok but not fantastic. That's including the 10 votes he'll get for this week.

Walsh to be fair has had significant injuries so it's only fair to give him time to get into the swing of things but let's not sugar coat things Rozee is an outside player. He plays an inside midfield role and gets a truckload of centre bounce attendance but averages a measly 7 contested possessions (17 uncontested). Not to mention only 3 clearances per game. This is extremely poor for someone given so many cba's. To be fair Sam Walsh is also largely an outside player so maybe they're both similar in this regard. They all win the majority of their ball on the outside.

If I had a choice I'd probably still go with Walsh because I feel like his defensive running and defensive stuff is a bit better and also he screams leader more than a Rozee.

Obviously they're both jets though.

Last edited:
Walsh to be fair has had significant injuries so it's only fair to give him time to get into the swing of things but let's not sugar coat things Rozee is an outside player. He plays an inside midfield role and gets a truckload of centre bounce attendance but averages a measly 7 contested possessions (17 uncontested). Not to mention only 3 clearances per game. This is extremely poor for someone given so many cba's. To be fair Sam Walsh is also largely an outside player so maybe they're both similar in this regard. They all win the majority of their ball on the outside.

Give me Rozee in traffic any day of the week. The feature of Rozees game that stands out more than anyhting is his ability to turn on a dime and make opponents looks stupid in traffic, generally not laying a hand on him. Im not sure if this counts against him by not being marked as a contested posession or not.

Walsh seems to get a lot of his ball through shear workrate, wheras I think Rozee is better in traffic. Suggesting Rozee is poor and just an outside player is a surprising take.

IF we are talking players from this draft I reckon injury free now Butters is right in the conversation.

Back