Recommitted Sam Weideman [re-signed for 2 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there’s something there. Would prefer him than Chol
Wright and Weideman would be the least consistent, most talented forward duo in the comp.

Wright and Weideman would be the least consistent, most talented forward duo in the comp.

Chol and Wright would be better and more consistent??

Many Dees fans thought Weideman was good chance to overtake McDonald this year. Sure there’s every chance he’s a genuine bust but I think he’s better than Chol.

Many Dees fans thought Weideman was good chance to overtake McDonald this year. Sure there’s every chance he’s a genuine bust but I think he’s better than Chol.

I could see him working out at Essendon tbh.
Would only cost them more or less what you paid for Peter Wright, so its worth a gamble imo

I could see him working out at Essendon tbh.
Would only cost them more or less what you paid for Peter Wright, so its worth a gamble imo

Won’t be us seeing as we’ve recruited Chol.

I haven’t given up on Weideman working anywhere. He’s shown plenty of glimpses of being a quality forward and has good size and footy smarts. Surely at worst he’s a hand CHB

Since then he's come back as a defensive key forward and done well. The stint in defense has made a more completive player and improved him.
Great game on the weekend. If he can do the same on lever or may it will go a long way to the Dogs winning the flag. Consistency has been an issue with JS. Will get a good run at it with Bruce out.

Confidence player, who has none from being destroyed by Lever May and Petty at every training session. Imagine having your ass handed to you multiple times a week and it’s not even game day. Wouldn’t do much for your confidence

I’d take the punt on him. He’d be the third tall in our forward line so the pressure would be off a bit. The softness and inconsistency in conjunction with Wright would be a bit worrying but we’ve got Harry Jones to take the attention away as the primary target so could work out.

Yeah I think the real interest will come out once the Dees finish up next week. If clubs are getting a whiff they won't be offering him a new contract the DFA acquisition would be a lot easier than having to come up with a trade. Especially for a Collingwood who have a lack of draft picks.

Yeah I think the real interest will come out once the Dees finish up next week. If clubs are getting a whiff they won't be offering him a new contract the DFA acquisition would be a lot easier than having to come up with a trade. Especially for a Collingwood who have a lack of draft picks.
The issue for Collingwood would be cap space. If I'm Weideman and his manager, I'm taking the best contract offer, because it could be his last. Some club may pay him based on perceived potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the situation right now i think Melbourne need to keep Weideman due to the fact Brown doesn't have long to go and T McDonald is too inconsistent

Apart from Weideman we have no Key Forward depth apart from Majak LOL

Confidence player, who has none from being destroyed by Lever May and Petty at every training session. Imagine having your ass handed to you multiple times a week and it’s not even game day. Wouldn’t do much for your confidence

That type of training doesn't exist these days mate

Go down and watch what they actually do, he would be going up against fellow forwards

Looking at the situation right now i think Melbourne need to keep Weideman due to the fact Brown doesn't have long to go and T McDonald is too inconsistent

Apart from Weideman we have no Key Forward depth apart from Majak LOL
Depends on what your definition of "depth" is. With T Mac out injured late in the year, they went with a medium sized forward in Melksham rather than Weid. When Weid played he was a liability.

Jackson will only improve as a forward/ruck, and Max is showing signs of a ruck/forward. Fritsch essentially plays as a key forward. I wouldn't keep Weid just because of his height.

He had over taken McDonald last year. His injury late in the pre season set him back and he never got going

Depends on what your definition of "depth" is. With T Mac out injured late in the year, they went with a medium sized forward in Melksham rather than Weid. When Weid played he was a liability.

Jackson will only improve as a forward/ruck, and Max is showing signs of a ruck/forward. Fritsch essentially plays as a key forward. I wouldn't keep Weid just because of his height.

Horses for Course mate

Can't just play with T Mac or Brown by themselves against teams who dominate the air and rebound

Remove this Banner Ad

Back