Recommitted Sam Weideman [re-signs until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

As people have said, he really has Melbourne by the balls. I could easily see Hawthorn throwing something like 4yrs at $2.5mil.
It sucks for Melbourne but it’s pretty much exactly what happenes to GC and GWS every time someone comes out of contract.

How does he have us by the balls? We can easily match that if we have to lol. Plus no one's offering him that right now.

You just invented a figure, what if Freo offer Cripps 1.6 million a year when his contract runs out? Carlton would be stuffed etc.

Apart from the Essendon 4 (add Crameri), how can `most` be `unique`?

Add Dal Santo, Waite, Houli, Goddard. Barely even pushed it 5 years, let alone 15.

Basically no point getting upset at a suggestion that a player may leave a club in 6 years time even once they've “forged a legacy” and “played finals”. Injuries, free agency, and `unique` circumstances may all occur.

Nah Dal Santo and Goddard were pushed by the clubs, Waite was 30 odd. Houli played 26 games in 4 years at Essendon he left for opportunity.
That's the best you have though, pretty barren

It simply doesn't happen..

Nah Dal Santo and Goddard were pushed by the clubs, Waite was 30 odd. Houli played 26 games in 4 years at Essendon he left for opportunity.
That's the best you have though, pretty barren

It simply doesn't happen..

Well Actually the quote was “clear best-22 players of Victorian origin who’ve moved from one Melbourne club to another in the last 15 years. It never happens.”

I concede Houli but my other examples stand. Can't just change the goalposts now to suit your agenda. It does happen. If you want to change the goalposts I`ll change it to include Brad Ottens, Brian Lake etc.

Nathan Thompson. Brent Moloney solidified his spot at Geelong before moving to Melbourne. Josh Gibson. Brock McLean. Andrew Lovett.

There's plenty. Up to 17. Lots of `unique` circumstances though apparently none of which could ever possibly apply to Weideman in 5 years time because all the Dees fans here can predict the future.

Not offended by it.

Stringer? Don’t remember his miss behaviour which led to his bulldogs teammates needing to tell him to pull his head in? He needed a fresh start.

As I said players really only leave for better opportunity, the players you mentioned had better opportunities, those opportunities are different each circumstance.

I can’t see what opportunities Weid would get joining Collingwood than what he gets at Melbourne, other than the opportunity to play at the same club his grandad did 60 years earlier.

Flag?

Well Actually the quote was “clear best-22 players of Victorian origin who’ve moved from one Melbourne club to another in the last 15 years. It never happens.”

I concede Houli but my other examples stand. Can't just change the goalposts now to suit your agenda. It does happen. If you want to change the goalposts I`ll change it to include Brad Ottens, Brian Lake etc.

Nathan Thompson. Brent Moloney solidified his spot at Geelong before moving to Melbourne. Josh Gibson. Brock McLean. Andrew Lovett.

There's plenty. Up to 17. Lots of `unique` circumstances though apparently none of which could ever possibly apply to Weideman in 5 years time because all the Dees fans here can predict the future.

Brent Moloney was forced out for salary cap. Lovett Essendon were laughing about getting rid of. Melbourne were happy to get rid of McLean. Nathan Thompson needed a change of environment for depression.
Lake was 30 ish.

Ottens is probably the only one.

If Melbourne wants to keep Weid he will stay. Best 22 Victorian kids don't leave for other Victorian clubs in their prime.

Not particularly concerned that he’ll opt to leave. Melbourne can’t afford to lose him given we traded Hogan. He won’t be a good a Hogan but he’s definitely a slow burn. Reckon he’ll sign on for 2 more years. And not 650k per year. Closer to 500k max.
Only way he’ll leave for cash is if someone puts up an unrealistic contract like Boyd to Dogs.

Not particularly concerned that he’ll opt to leave. Melbourne can’t afford to lose him given we traded Hogan. He won’t be a good a Hogan but he’s definitely a slow burn. Reckon he’ll sign on for 2 more years. And not 650k per year. Closer to 500k max.
Only way he’ll leave for cash is if someone puts up an unrealistic contract like Boyd to Dogs.
Boyd was also coming home.

Actually Feel sorry for the bloke really - dees footy department made a massive decision to base its fwd line around this bloke based off , essentially 3 games .
Now their ignorance and stupidity has seen him crumble under the pressure and cop the brunt of the footy department exceptionally poor judgement

Actually Feel sorry for the bloke really - dees footy department made a massive decision to base its fwd line around this bloke based off , essentially 3 games .
Now their ignorance and stupidity has seen him crumble under the pressure and cop the brunt of the footy department exceptionally poor judgement
What a dumb ******* post. What were we meant to do? He’s our second forward behind TMac and thrived in that role when McDonald was fit. Never played well with Hogan in the side. No surprise that he’s struggling now that McDonald is injured and our forward entries are garbage

I feel sorry for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan looking a $illion dollars at Freo, Weideman dropped because he can't get near it and their defender that they're playing forward can't get near it either.

What a **** show.
I really feel for Dee's supporters. They've been through an enormous amount in this generation, and just as hope arrives, they get fed the aberration that is the 2019 season and a forward line that made Chris Dawes look competent. Really hope the administration can turn it around.

Probably need to shave a few dollars off that next contract. Didn’t just miss either. Shanked it.

So disappointing seeing Melbourne not turn up this season.

Probably need to shave a few dollars off that next contract. Didn’t just miss either. Shanked it.

So disappointing seeing Melbourne not turn up this season.
Bit hard to turn up when your entire best 22 back line has missed the majority of the season.

Only Michael Hibberd was playing on Saturday night that would be part of our best 22 defense, Salem/Hore/Jetta/Lever/May all out.

It's an indictment on Adelaide that they needed us to choke to win that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back