00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
It's a bit different Jamarra Ugle-Hagan just got picked in the draft, Weideman is 6 years in the system.
Do you bother noticing that people are telling you he is coming back from injury?

He missed 12 weeks and has played 3 games in the twos. He isn't rooting in the 2s

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

David_Full

All Australian
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Do you bother noticing that people are telling you he is coming back from injury?

He missed 12 weeks and has played 3 games in the twos. He isn't rooting in the 2s

So was Brown he is clearly behind a few in the coaches eyes.

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Weideman + second for Jordan De Goey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Possible but I am biased and I don't think De Goey is worth much at all to a decent side.

Lots of factors here which would affect valuations on either side:

How does Weiderman go assume he plays most of the year for Melbourne.
How do Melbourne go this year, do they play finals and do well?
How does De Goey go for the rest of the year?
How does De Goey's court case pan out?
How bad does the mess at Collingwood get?
Do Collingwood find a workable forward set up?

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Possible but I am biased and I don't think De Goey is worth much at all to a decent side.

Lots of factors here which would affect valuations on either side:

How does Weiderman go assume he plays most of the year for Melbourne.
How do Melbourne go this year, do they play finals and do well?
How does De Goey go for the rest of the year?
How does De Goey's court case pan out?
How bad does the mess at Collingwood get?
Do Collingwood find a workable forward set up?
If he plays all year he's not going to want to leave. This speculation has all been on the basis that he feels he needs to move for opportunities.

TENACIOUS

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Weideman + second for Jordan De Goey?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WHAT!!!
Why would Melbourne trade a promising KPF and a second rounder for De Goey?
They already have his type of player in Petracca, only x100 better..

De Goey is an over rated, over paid, lazy player..
That even North wouldn't pay his price

Do you have concussion Yoda, or just taking the piss?

Daemon

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll be spitting chips if he is traded at the end of the year. He should most definitely be part of our future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Based on 2021 form , Who does De Goey replace in the melbourne line up ?

If he keeps this form up he will be lucky to get $600k a year

GatesOfHell

All Australian
Suspended
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Weid has form in the twos but has shown very little to date at senior level. 46 goals in 44 games, even for a young key forward, is mediocre at best. I’m not that fussed if he goes if we can extract a decent pick for him or a starting 18 quality player. I don’t see Harry McKay level ability of stardom in Sam. Adequate second or third key forward maybe, but retain our not the main man.

Last edited:

unplugged

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
the link is obvious .... would cost you a player of worth imo if its a trade. Could you get him in the PSD?
Never thought I'd see the day where Collingwood could threaten Melbourne with the PSD.

Don't think he'll be going anywhere though. I think they'll drop TMac the minute he's out of form and/or contract, and the Weid will never look back.

I wouldn't have a clue where his trade value sits at this stage... future first for Weid, 31 and 40...? If the future first was pick 5 for example that's valuing him as pick 23 🤷 and more Daicos points for us.

Last edited:

Golden_6

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Based on 2021 form , Who does De Goey replace in the melbourne line up ?

If he keeps this form up he will be lucky to get $600k a year
De Goey would replace plenty in the Melbourne lineup. He's never going to be a superstar but he can be incredibly valuable to a contender and a role where he isn't required to do any heavy lifting (see Collingwood 2018). The guy is spudding it up but he's clearly a little fragile and plays in an extremely poor team.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
From watching him last year and in his debut for you I reckon you have wasted your money on Brown. No great loss though, Melbourne are fine without him.
Meh he was injured an playing in a putrid team last year. Jeremy Cameron was equally as sh*t last year, but wasn't injured and was playing in a much better team. Have you written him off too?

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Meh he was injured an playing in a putrid team last year. Jeremy Cameron was equally as sh*t last year, but wasn't injured and was playing in a much better team. Have you written him off too?

There is a visible lack of intensity. Maybe he proves me wrong, we will see.

This has nothing to do with Jeremy Cameron by the way.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
There is a visible lack of intensity. Maybe he proves me wrong, we will see.

This has nothing to do with Jeremy Cameron by the way.
The Jeremy Cameron comparison is because of their similar outputs over the last 5 years. Both were really good 16-19 with terrible 2020's for various reasons. Yet Cameron was given a mulligan last year as he struggled in the hub yet Brown wasn't despite being injured and playing FF in a barely AFL standard team

He has played one game of AFL this year after coming back from injury, fu** people are quick to write off players

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The Jeremy Cameron comparison is because of their similar outputs over the last 5 years. Both were really good 16-19 with terrible 2020's for various reasons. Yet Cameron was given a mulligan last year as he struggled in the hub yet Brown wasn't despite being injured and playing FF in a barely AFL standard team

He has played one game of AFL this year after coming back from injury, fu** people are quick to write off players
Yes that is true, I have written him off. I guess we will see who is right in time 👍

MickG88

Debutant
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why would Melbourne get rid of Weideman? They backed him over Hogan when they let Hogan go back to Western Australia. I think it would take a lot to get Sam out of Melbourne.

GatesOfHell

All Australian
Suspended
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why would Melbourne get rid of Weideman? They backed him over Hogan when they let Hogan go back to Western Australia. I think it would take a lot to get Sam out of Melbourne.
Because we now have too many key forwards and could potentially parlay his value into something which strengthens an area of weakness in the starting eighteen. A mid sized forward (DeGoey) or an outside midfielder (J.Kelly) perhaps.

Four key forwards into two or three spots don’t go.

Remove this Banner Ad