Recommitted Sam Wicks [re-signed for two years]

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We space the news out.
Probably already done.
The other 4 were also probably signed last week when Parker was signed but the club love the LOLS & entertainment they are getting from the clueless Vic media crew led by Morris etc, etc, etc.

Even if he goes probably a loss you can cover fairly easily
On the face of it yes a defensive small forward seems to be a position that could be easily covered but Wicks has shown he is elite in that role. At some point in the last third of the season there was a stat floating around that he led the league in points generated directly from turnovers

I wonder if a few other clubs have cottoned on to this and offered him a contract that may be too good to refuse

On the face of it yes a defensive small forward seems to be a position that could be easily covered but Wicks has shown he is elite in that role. At some point in the last third of the season there was a stat floating around that he led the league in points generated directly from turnovers

I wonder if a few other clubs have cottoned on to this and offered him a contract that may be too good to refuse
I hope the Hawks are in his ear. Had an exceptional season as a defensive forward and he is exactly what we need moving forward.

Given he was a NSW academy player I imagine he will be hard to extract from Sydney but potentially $ could do it

Yeah hard to see us having any cap issues now tbh.
Reports are we were offering Dawson 5 x $700k which is now money we have up our sleeve.
Where is the report you were offering that much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Wicks
“Very, very close to signing off on a similar contract (to Silvangi) to a two year deal at Sydney, there’s just some haggling over not much, it’s basically a formality that he stays.”

“If that’s the case the Swans would’ve ticked another box in what’s been a delicate salary cap juggle.

“They might’ve lost Jordan Dawson to South Australia the Swans but they have got their star in Luke Parker for another four more (years) and Wicks will follow him for another two (years) and then they’ve got their former number five draft pick Dylan Stephens and about seven or eight others still out of contact.”

Eh, we will see what happens, but would be quite a turnaround if he ended up moving to a Victorian club

1632471930911.png

Maybe it's the hangover, but can someone tell me why the Swans Academy would be frustrated by that the Vic clubs were not' clamouring over him?
They want as much NSW talent in the system. Not only to support why academies exist but also potential future go-home factor I assume to balance out the VIC benefit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back