Same old same old

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Once again Freo had the oportunity to win against the odds. And once again they stumbled when they were within reach.

We are still a few forwards away from a wining side.
Waterhouse has to step up and schell has to start playing up to his potential.
I could say I was shattered but the past 9 rounds have prepared me and trained to me look forward to next week.With the return of bell and Koops.
who knows??

The main positive to come out of the game, were Mc Phee's impresive debut.Though he is not star material like haselby or pavlich, he seems like a honest player and has enough flair and skills to suggest he will become a valuable player to the dockers in hte future.

Longmuir again played well and took steps towards becoming a good ruckman.
While the same dea wood continued to kill freo, like bandy,Mc Manus.
At times it seems the only people in our forward line were schipp and trys his heart out,brown and waterhouse.
Where the hell are hte rest of them.

Drums midfield rotation at pivitol times of the games needs to be reviewed.
Our mid field is strong but we never seem to have all our guns in there at the same time.

Sabre, is that "dead wood" McManus still your co-captain? He has the ability to get the ball, but turns it over a hell of a lot. Bandy is a ******* who had one good season.
Who do you think will captain Fremantle next year? Fletcher wouldn't have long to go, McManus has had a really poor year, Black has been good this year but probably hasn't proven himself over time, Waterhouse is still a little up and down, and Hasleby is probably still too young.
Peter Bell seems the obvious appointment.

as i alrady metnioined in another thread, that match was the worst AFL match i have seen in 5 years.

The Swans were shocking, and Fremantle were even worse.

McPhee was very good, could be in-line for a rising star nomination, depending on how some of the other young fellas went.

Originally posted by WCE2000
McPhee was very good, could be in-line for a rising star nomination, depending on how some of the other young fellas went.

Swans vs Sh itfish wasn't our televised game, so I'm thankful I didn't see it, and hence didn't see McPhee today.
Brett Johnson was very good last night in a losing side, and deserves to be nominated after being very stiff not to get named last week.

midfield?

I do not see how you can blame Drum with his midfield rotation, Port has been doing the same thing all season, and it has worked very nicely thank you very much.
The midfielders are kept fresh, and the rotation keeps many options in form, and up to speed.
Maybe the midfield of Freo's just isn't as good as everyone was saying at the start of the year;)

GET REAL SABRE

Sabre I have been a Docker Member since day one and it is hard to bag our club but there are players in our squad who people look upon as match winners but give nothing.You say Koops will add to the strength of our playing squad>I disagree he has been a liability to us.Maybe it is not his fault because they keep bringing him back to soon.But tje guy is injury prone.When was the last time he played out a full game without an injury???? He needs to go back to the Garlic Munchers and get some match time and confidenceback.The kid has undoubted talent but how often have we heard that of some of our players.Talent and potential mean nothing until it becomes PERFORMANCE WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT.
We have had to many of the same catergory and that is why we have delisted so many or traded them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back