Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

He was supposedly going to get rested for the Collingwood game and they decided against it. You don't rest a guy after a performance like that. I'd rather they manage his time on field like a baseball team manages a pitcher's count than to see him not in the team. It appears that they've opted for this strategy if you consider his TOG% against Collingwood, thankfully.

Most impactful 18 y.o. players I've seen at the blues:

1. Jacob Weitering
2. Marc Murphy
3. Samo Petrevski-Seton

A few more games like yesterday and SPS will be number 1. What a performance from a young man who had an injury interrupted 2016 in the u18s and an injury interrupted pre-season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel SPS is the first 'magical' player we've had since Greg Williams. Not a dominant physical force, but he just plays the game at a different level to everyone else out there.

The scary thing is that he will only get better :flushed:

What really impresses me that his game and attitude is that he doesn't get ahead of himself, puts his team mates first when he has the ball. For such a young age, he certain understands the difference between when to be creative and when not to be creative....unfortunately you can't teach what he possesses, but certainly there's a platform to build on. Well done young man!

What caused him to drop from pick 1 potential the previous year to pick 6 in the draft? Was it just the injury and lack of game time?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

injury i believe (hamstring??) and also perhaps poorer disposal efficiency at times last year compared to previous years IIRC

What caused him to drop from pick 1 potential the previous year to pick 6 in the draft? Was it just the injury and lack of game time?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'd say so.
And guys like McGrath and Taranto finished the year strongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking that his foot skills are terrific.. and the only reason there was a query over them was because he made the odd error trying to pull off 1 in a thousand type kicks that most players wouldn't even consider at training?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back