Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont apologize, it's all cool, and good to have a chat with another poster about something.
With a cool head what i was trying to say was imagine if Bill Walsh hadn't pushed hard with the forward pass like he did in the west coast offense? Remember the early failures when they called them the showboat/fancy niners before what we all know now as coaching genius? I just felt for me personally that JH could have done the unexpected and threw Smith in for that goal line set of downs. Unconventional? Certainly, Not done in the league? Definitely but its the coaches who come up with new plays that progress the game or make stunning plays, that pass from Brady to Edelman where Edelman threw it down the line for a TD is my kinda thinking. As a less than expert on the NFL ill tread carefully and respectfully in saying that a little innovation that your opponent does not expect can pay big dividends at times. It doesn't matter now anyway as this is all bar stool conversation for shits and giggles only :)

With a cool head what i was trying to say was imagine if Bill Walsh hadn't pushed hard with the forward pass like he did in the west coast offense? Remember the early failures when they called them the showboat/fancy niners before what we all know now as coaching genius? I just felt for me personally that JH could have done the unexpected and threw Smith in for that goal line set of downs. Unconventional? Certainly, Not done in the league? Definitely but its the coaches who come up with new plays that progress the game or make stunning plays, that pass from Brady to Edelman where Edelman threw it down the line for a TD is my kinda thinking. As a less than expert on the NFL ill tread carefully and respectfully in saying that a little innovation that your opponent does not expect can pay big dividends at times. It doesn't matter now anyway as this is all bar stool conversation for shits and giggles only :)
Trick plays, like a wr throwing the ball to the qb, etc, im all for. Teams dont do them enough imo.

Trick plays, like a wr throwing the ball to the qb, etc, im all for. Teams dont do them enough imo.
I think there is a change in the winds GG mate, We have hit the ceiling pretty much in the NFL since Walsh made the modern game we know now. If one thing in the history of the NFL holds true its the fact an innovative coach comes along and turns the game on its head, its been done so many times in fact i don't know why people laugh at me when i say it :)

49ers acquired LB Gerald Hodges from the Vikings in exchange for C Nick Easton and a sixth-round pick.

It's a nifty pick up for the 49ers. Hodges, who was effective at outside linebacker in 2014, is Pro Football Focus' No. 14 (of 51) inside 'backer thus far this season. The 49ers could be hoping he's an upgrade on Michael Wilhoite opposite Navorro Bowman.
Related: Vikings

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

49ers acquired LB Gerald Hodges from the Vikings in exchange for C Nick Easton and a sixth-round pick.

It's a nifty pick up for the 49ers. Hodges, who was effective at outside linebacker in 2014, is Pro Football Focus' No. 14 (of 51) inside 'backer thus far this season. The 49ers could be hoping he's an upgrade on Michael Wilhoite opposite Navorro Bowman.
Related: Vikings

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Best part was the 49ers were going to cut Easton anyway.

Very observant. Was watching the last qtr today and I could lay the blame all on mangini with his soft zones. Especially the end when he KNEW all they had was vereen but still didnt lock him down. What a doofus.
Im not as up on tactics as previously stated but good god Eli would not have marched down the field like that with our defense and defensive players in the Harbaugh era, thought we really had a chance to notch a win today and blew it in under 60 seconds. How the **** did he drop the interception and how the **** did that guy get the touchdown with double coverage? :cry:

60seconds.jpg

To be fair though that was a brilliant catch.

WOW........players was to bench Kaepernick for...........Gabbert

FMD.

Gabbert is a disaster. A wuss who panics under perceived pressure. If the 49ers go this way, just s**t the franchise down and move to LA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kapwat.0.gif

This makes me so so sad GG, its like not being able to look away from a car crash or something :cry:

Well GG, I watched Blaine freaking Gabbert run the niners offense better than Kap today. My beloved team is so far up s**t creek they may just rename it the niners creek. Credit to the defense though and the epic brain fade in coaching, but still Gabbert looked better than Kap out there :cry:
C'mon I want my credit. I said, with no jokes, that the offense would look so much better with the trio of Gabbert-Celek-Hyde (hyde out tho).
The first two came thru today ;)

The San Jose Mercury News' Cam Inman reports Colin Kaepernick (injured reserve) will undergo surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left (non-throwing) shoulder Tuesday.

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports Kaepernick first told the team about soreness in his left shoulder Monday, and he still felt sore Friday after practicing in full all week. Kaepernick going under the knife could dramatically affect the 49ers' plans this offseason. Kaepernick's salary next season is guaranteed for injury only as long as the 49ers cut him before April 1. If he cannot pass a physical come April, San Francisco may be stuck with him another year.

Source: Cam Inman on Twitter

------------------------

49ers placed Colin Kaepernick on season-ending injured reserve with a left shoulder (non-throwing) injury.

Kaepernick showed up on the injury report this week with a shoulder injury he said he suffered Week 4, but he was listed as probable. With Kaepernick expected to go under the knife, this injury could put the 49ers' offseason plans at risk. Kaepernick's 2016 salary is guaranteed for injury only as long as he is cut before April 1. He will need to pass a physical before being released, and that is not guaranteed after undergoing surgery. Blaine Gabbert should finish out the season as the starter before San Francisco searches for their next quarterback of the future this offseason. QB Dylan Thompson was promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding move.

Ex player Cedrick WIlson Sr (2001-04), his son just commited to play for Boise State.

Will he make it and follow in his fathers footsteps playing for San Francisco?

Follow his progression at Boise Stateover the next 2-3 years to find out :D

The 49ers have reassigned team president Parag Marthe.

Marthe is getting a demotion. He'll still manage the 49ers' salary cap and be the main contract negotiator, but he's being stripped of the team president role. Word is Marthe is losing that title because he's allegedly the "source" of many of the "leaks" to the media from the organization. Marthe will take on a bigger role with the Sacramento Republic FC soccer team.

Source: CSN Bay Area

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Colin Kaepernick is "more than open" to returning to the 49ers.

That contradicts reports from CBS and the New York Daily News. Rapsheet also reports new coach Chip Kelly was interested in Kap while with the Eagles. Rapsheet confirms the sides are "set to get together and figure out if they can move forward." It appears that will happen at the Combine. CBS' Jason La Canfora has reported the 49ers want to cut Kap's $11.9 million base salary. We'll see how "open" he is to returning if that's the case.

Source: NFL.com

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat's Grant Cohn reports 49ers GM Trent Baalke's "head is under the guillotine," and he's on the hot seat this season.

Owner Jed York is putting the pressure on Baalke after elevating executive Tom Gamble to assistant GM on Monday. Gamble has been with the organization since 2005 except for a two-year stint with the Eagles from 2013-2014 when Gamble had to move back east to be near his sick father. Gamble rejoined the 49ers before last season and has seen numerous GM interviews around the league. Baalke is best-known for winning with now-Redskins GM Scot McCloughan's roster and then winning a power struggle with now-Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh, forcing him out of town. Baalke has drafted terribly in recent years despite often having the most picks at his disposal. This 49ers roster isn't set up to win games in 2016.

Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back