Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

No running back drafted but they did get McKinnon in free agency. He seems to be a smaller type of running back, the shifty type perhaps, which could mean a different approach to the way the position is used, or we'll see more of Jusczyck running the ball.
Shanahan uses a zone blocking scheme, if the line get's it right McKinnon will be a monster.

Shanahan uses a zone blocking scheme, if the line get's it right McKinnon will be a monster.

Yep as good as Brown was as a pass protector he was a liability in zone blocking. When your that big it goes both ways as the running back finds it just as hard to get around you as pass rushers.

Testifying in court on Thursday, Reuben Foster's ex-girlfriend said she lied about Foster hitting her, and that she made up the accusations as part of a "money scheme."

"I didn’t want to get this far in the news," Elissa Ennis said. "It was about money." Ennis also said she was "pissed and I wanted to end him," and admitted to lying about a domestic violence incident with another man in 2011. She said she was testifying as so on Thursday because she "had to do the right thing." In no uncertain terms, Ennis is saying there was no domestic violence. Foster appears poised to be exonerated.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Testifying in court on Thursday, Reuben Foster's ex-girlfriend said she lied about Foster hitting her, and that she made up the accusations as part of a "money scheme."

"I didn’t want to get this far in the news," Elissa Ennis said. "It was about money." Ennis also said she was "pissed and I wanted to end him," and admitted to lying about a domestic violence incident with another man in 2011. She said she was testifying as so on Thursday because she "had to do the right thing." In no uncertain terms, Ennis is saying there was no domestic violence. Foster appears poised to be exonerated.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Why the hell the DA continued with the hearing without even questioning the woman on the retraction is beyond me.

Jimmy might have a long career but he aint the next coming of Montana. The hype has been ridiculous. He was a soft penalty away from losing a game on another pick.
I'll agree that Jimmy isn't the second coming of Joe, but he is at least an improvement on Hoyer and Beathard. Now if we could just improve the offensive line, develop a better pass rush, hold onto a few more catches and have less penalties called against us the team might do well this year.

Really sad news for you guys.
Continues a horrible run of knee injuries over the last few seasons, to the point where I'm Starting to wonder if you shouldn't change the name to the SF Knees.
I can't recall a single team suffering so many knee injuries to key players over such a number of seasons.

Worst part is it looks like it happened well before any contact...

c1fd1e_07a1b985e61a42eb877804360b4f8dfa~mv2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beathard once again not only couldn't lead the team when the game was there to be won he again had costly turnovers at critical time and field position that cost the team the game.

There is a lot to like about the heart and the offensive scheme the lack of discipline and heartbreaking mistakes have cost this team at least two wins this season already.

After a pretty gutsy game, the play calling on our final drive was terrible. Looking down field on 3rd and 3, and being able to control the clock and hand the ball back with next to no time if they wanted to play conservative, was horrific. Run the damn ball, get a first down and take a timeout, if you don't and you want to play conservative you can wind it down.

Even if Goodwin had scored I would have backed rogers to drive them up the field to tie.

Was happy with the loss there tbh hope it continues, where our backups like mostaert and breida continue to show a bit, goodwin and bourne find their feed and the oline improves. The more we lose more likely we end up with a top 3 pick and nicky bosa, he will be a game changer

George Kittle becomes a 49ers captain in only his second season
Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2018, 7:46 PM EDT

gettyimages-1052714508-e1540683969176.jpg

Getty Images

The 49ers waited for seven weeks to vote for captains. Tight end George Kittle has done enough in one season and seven weeks to be one of them.

Via Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle, a recent election resulted in Kittle and tackle Joe Staley becoming the offensive captains. The defensive captains are defensive tackle DeForest Buckner and cornerback Richard Sherman, who is in his first year with the team. Kicker Robbie Gould is the special-teams captain.

Kittle was asked whether his new status comes as a surprise.

“Yes and no,” he said, via Branch. “We’ve got a lot of veteran guys on the team . . . but coach [Kyle] Shanahan said it was just based on the season so far, and I feel like I’ve been playing really well. So [it wasn’t] expected, but I really appreciate it. Any time you can be voted a captain by your peers is always a great thing.”

Shanahan wasn’t surprised.

“The players see all those things,” Shanahan said. “How reckless he plays — in a good way — to how banged up he is on Monday and what he does to get his body healthy for practice on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to get ready for the game. He’s all about ball 24-7.”

That’s good, and the 49ers will need that kind of spirit to avoid falling to 1-7.

Really sad news for you guys.
Continues a horrible run of knee injuries over the last few seasons, to the point where I'm Starting to wonder if you shouldn't change the name to the SF Knees.
I can't recall a single team suffering so many knee injuries to key players over such a number of seasons.

Worst part is it looks like it happened well before any contact...

c1fd1e_07a1b985e61a42eb877804360b4f8dfa~mv2.gif
why didn't he just head out of bounds? Probably avoidable... :(

Pretty funny. Good on Mullens :D

-----

This doesn’t mean that, before a given play, Shanahan will stop talking so that Mullens can deliver the play to his teammates.

“He’s going to have to say it louder,” Shanahan said regarding the story from tight end George Kittle that Mullens told Shanahan to be quiet. “I can’t hear him from the sidelines. That’s always the dilemma for coaches and quarterbacks. It’s funny because I know if I was a quarterback and someone was yelling in my ears, I would handle it much worse than those guys would. I struggle. . . . The hard thing with calling plays in games is we call it and we don’t know if they heard it or not. Sometimes, they need it again. The problem is it shuts off at 15 seconds. So, you’re just sitting there chilling and sometimes they go like this and need it again and there’s only 18 seconds on the clock. Well, you have two-and-a-half seconds to spit it out for them to hear it. Then, sometimes I think they didn’t hear it and I start repeating it again and they’re just trying to call it and I’m yelling it again in their ear and I’m driving them crazy, as I should. So, I wish there was a two-way talk on it. It’d be a lot easier.”

Damn ! Another heartbreaking loss. to another team with a veteran quarterback who had the wherewithal to make the winning drive. Started okay, even got a sack from Armistead early on, but they just couldn't hold on (again !). Sigh !

And now they have cut Foster, one of their best linebackers. Perhaps the Niners will have to check the backgrounds of potential draftees more thoroughly in future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back