Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

This pick just feels right, gives Jimmy G one last crack at it in a 49ers jersey, then in come Trey after a year of development. Also matches Shanahan’s coaching style by the sounds of it and he has a few years as 49ers head coach yet.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So what do we target in R2 and 3?

I’d be kern for another CB, WR, S and TE. Probably in that order although I suspect I’m still thinking it’s easy getting another Kettle in the 5th round🤓. This is a good year for WR depth in R2/3 and CB options are also pretty good. Ideally a CB who can play S.

Got to remember that the R3 and 4 are more like AFL round 2.

Constantgin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFG , Pacers, ND, Gunners
Loved what the 49ers did on day 2 of the draft alot more than the 1st.
Likely could of just stayed at 12 and likely traded a couple of 3rd rounders and got fields if they needed to move up.
Aaron Banks big nasty guard that they have needed in the 2nd.
Taking Sermon to be a tackle breaking running back and Ambry Thomas to play slot corner was a need.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Have a read of Mel Kipper Jrs analysis of day 2 https://es.pn/3t9Rd07

He thinks we reached on the 3 picks. We'll find out in due course.
Funny how “experts” think they can grade a draft. Mel who? Exactly.

I find it so strange that people get so fixed in their assessment of draft picks.

Did Melbourne reach for Clayton Oliver? They were panned at the time for taking a cubby red head.

Were Saints given a pat on the back for selecting McArtin instead of Petraca?

Who gives a right royal flock what some pundits believe.

In Kyle Lynch we trust.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Funny how “experts” think they can grade a draft. Mel who? Exactly.

I find it so strange that people get so fixed in their assessment of draft picks.

Did Melbourne reach for Clayton Oliver? They were panned at the time for taking a cubby red head.

Were Saints given a pat on the back for selecting McArtin instead of Petraca?

Who gives a right royal flock what some pundits believe.

In Kyle Lynch we trust.

You'll love the Colts GM response to this when he thought they should draft Trent Dilfer

so we basically gave up 3 years of first rounders to draft a QB that we could have picked with our original pick?

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Apparently the 9ers were happy to let the Mac Jones @ 3 rumors circulate as they were worried about the Jets.

With the former staff there who are going to run a similar system, they were worried the Jets would opt of Lance if it was clear the 49ers would select him.

Just another wrinkle on the timelines around "we knew he was our guy way back in xxxxxx"

Don't believe that for a second. They traded up to three already knowing who the Jets were selecting imo.

Plus I believe Zach Wilson was 100% their guy if he was there, not Trey Lance.

Then you add in the rumors that the Niners called GB to see about the availability of Rodgers draft morning.

Doesn't seem like a team convinced of "their guy" way back when

Then you add in the rumors that the Niners called GB to see about the availability of Rodgers draft morning.

Doesn't seem like a team convinced of "their guy" way back when
tbf apparently they enquired about Rodgers before they made the trade up to 3

So they obviously always wanted him if he was available to have a real crack at the superbowl next year. When he wasn't they went down the draft path

tbf apparently they enquired about Rodgers before they made the trade up to 3

So they obviously always wanted him if he was available to have a real crack at the superbowl next year. When he wasn't they went down the draft path

I'm not saying they didn't, but the fact they were still keen to aquire him tells you they weren't absolutely convinced on Lance on draft morning. You didn't hear about teams like the Dolphins calling up the Packers. Who after Tua's rookie year you would have expected to do so.

I'm not saying they didn't, but the fact they were still keen to aquire him tells you they weren't absolutely convinced on Lance on draft morning. You didn't hear about teams like the Dolphins calling up the Packers. Who after Tua's rookie year you would have expected to do so.
Other than the 49ers how many teams with a top draft pick would go into next season with the expectation of a superbowl appearance?

I'm not saying they were 100% convinced or not on Lance but it was obvious they wanted a new QB and other than Rodgers and Watson no other possible available qbs are an obvious upgrade. So when they couldn't upgrade to a ready made qb they obviously went down th path of trying to draft one

Other than the 49ers how many teams with a top draft pick would go into next season with the expectation of a superbowl appearance?

I'm not saying they were 100% convinced or not on Lance but it was obvious they wanted a new QB and other than Rodgers and Watson no other possible available qbs are an obvious upgrade. So when they couldn't upgrade to a ready made qb they obviously went down th path of trying to draft one

Dolphins add Rodgers they would be, plus they had far more picks to satisfy GB.

Dolphins add Rodgers they would be, plus they had far more picks to satisfy GB.
maybe

We did offer three years worth of first rounders the first time + some players

maybe

We did offer three years worth of first rounders the first time + some players

Didn't hear that.

Will be interesting to see what Denver offer. Can't imagine GB not wanting some of their young receivers for Love if they were to trade him.

Didn't hear that.

Will be interesting to see what Denver offer. Can't imagine GB not wanting some of their young receivers for Love if they were to trade him.
that was obviously before Rodgers said he didn't want to go back to Green Bay

The second offer was pick 3, Jimmy G and some other undisclosed picks

that was obviously before Rodgers said he didn't want to go back to Green Bay

The second offer was pick 3, Jimmy G and some other undisclosed picks

Yea the pick three offer was never going to get it done. I'd assume GB would want multiple high picks or young pieces to fill out the roster.

Back