Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

Clinker of a game today. I justed watched the last 3 quarters. A pseudo wildcard playoff game.

Those long drives just turn the game in our favour massively. 15 plays, 85 yards to eat over 8 minutes off the clock and only leave a few beats on the clock before the half. Totally shifted the momentum our be way with receiving the kickoff to start the 2nd, which turned into a 6 play 75 yard drive TD in 3:30.

So from 7 down, to 7 up and the Vikings hadn't had any meaningful drives in almost a quarter of football. So unsurprisingly Cousins (cold as hell) throws a pick very next play, which turns in to a TD one play later, so a 21 point turnaround with only 3 snaps.

Our D looks so much better when it's not asked you bail out the offence. We won the possession battle 37 to 23. It's our formula for success

was an enjoyable game.

The non flag on 3rd and 10 on the Vikings final possession was a nice make up call for previous weeks, Brasher's whining about the officials final paying dividends. ;)

was an enjoyable game.

The non flag on 3rd and 10 on the Vikings final possession was a nice make up call for previous weeks, Brasher's whining about the officials final paying dividends. ;)

Surprised you aren't here moaning about Aiyuk not getting used enough. Or calling Shanahan over rated and no good

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Surprised you aren't here moaning about Aiyuk not getting used enough. Or calling Shanahan over rated and no good

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

surprised you aren't moaning about how much I hosed you trading you a broken down blocking TE :p

Talent has never been the niners issue. Clap clap for Kyle. Hes winning games he should have been all along now.

was an enjoyable game.

We ain't called the San Francisco Forty-Whiners for nothing.

When you have competent coaching, QB play and reasonable talent matched up winning and losing NFL games comes down to moments. The 49ers were either losing those or the officiating helped early on in the season, lately they have been winning those moments.

Having said that, I fear Josh Norman has his papers stamped as an automatic PI every time he goes near a ball in the air and will become the go to play call on 3rd and long for opposing offenses down the stretch.

surprised you aren't moaning about how much I hosed you trading you a broken down blocking TE :p

Talent has never been the niners issue. Clap clap for Kyle. Hes winning games he should have been all along now.

Since they have abandoned the Trey Lance package and reestablished their offensive identity they have been fine. Still need another pass-rusher they can rely on and a starting caliber corner in place of Norman.

I'm not disappointed with Kittle in Empire

I would argue that the Rams and Vikings games weren't exactly gimme games, quite the contrary

I'm not disappointed with Kittle in Empire

I would argue that the Rams and Vikings games weren't exactly gimme games, quite the contrary

Not saying there were, I simply said I expected the niners to be competing at that level, Kyle has got them to where they should be at the moment. Hardly exceeding expectations.

Not saying there were, I simply said I expected the niners to be competing at that level, Kyle has got them to where they should be at the moment. Hardly exceeding expectations.
my comments are/were more around people jumping the gun way too early

3-4 weeks ago McVay was a master and Shanahan was a fraud

Now as it stands right now I am more happy with our position than I would be the Rams

Of course if Deebo misses weeks that could change

The only thing I am critical with Shanahan and co was the mortgaging the future on Lance when we could have stayed in the same draft position and drafted Mac Jones who could have easily stepped in the current scheme and performed as well as Jimmy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my comments are/were more around people jumping the gun way too early

3-4 weeks ago McVay was a master and Shanahan was a fraud

Now as it stands right now I am more happy with our position than I would be the Rams

Of course if Deebo misses weeks that could change

The only thing I am critical with Shanahan and co was the mortgaging the future on Lance when we could have stayed in the same draft position and drafted Mac Jones who could have easily stepped in the current scheme and performed as well as Jimmy

Yea, ive got no problem with anything you say above, Shanahan was coaching like a fraud , at the very least an arrogant utensil head drunk off his belief that his scheme makes players and anyone can be made to look great under him. That was my whole point.

I dont think its a coincidence the Niners form and offense is looking far better than it did earlier in the year now Aiyuk is involved and Kittle is back from injury.

Deebo out for 1 to 2

" Following an MRI on Monday, head coach Kyle Shanahan revealed the receiver suffered a groin strain and is expected to miss 1-2 weeks. "

Watched the all 22 last night. I'm now convinced the 49ers defensive linemen need to start flailing their arms around more to draw holding penalties.

I rarely see Bosa and Co do it yet on the 49ers final drive on Jimmy Gs scramble for a 1st down it got called back on a double team block where the Seattle defender did nothing but threw his arms in the air and didn't even try to rush.

As Bosa says....they are used to it.

I know it's weak to blame officials but it's happening way too often.

Hate seeing that filter into sport, players appealing for flags, flopping, flailing, making demonstrative shows.

It's something the 49ers never do. We have drawn 6 unnecessary roughness penalties where the tackled 49er opponent touches his helmet and the official throws the flag after the play is dead.

It says the official might have seen it but I'll be influenced by the players on the field.

Amateur hour.

It's something the 49ers never do. We have drawn 6 unnecessary roughness penalties where the tackled 49er opponent touches his helmet and the official throws the flag after the play is dead.

It says the official might have seen it but I'll be influenced by the players on the field.

Amateur hour.
It's unfair, aggravating, to have the soccer approach happen against you, but more honorable to be a team that doesnt resort to it still and plays the game the right way.

It's unfair, aggravating, to have the soccer approach happen against you, but more honorable to be a team that doesnt resort to it still and plays the game the right way.

The Pete Carroll Seahawks are masters at it. First the legion of boom openly stated they held until they got called for it. And please, that high school grade offensive line of Seattle's never gets called for holding.

Plenty of uncalled holding going on.

The killer for me wasn't the fake punt TD, but giving up the TD in the closing moments of the half.

After playing all over the place early it looked like we'd got our crap in order. A good drive and we're on the verge of a 2 score lead and getting the ball straight after the break. Yet poor D and 2 infuriatingly soft roughing the passer calls and we give up the TD.

I knew we were really in trouble after that.

We're a 6-6 team, when we've got most of the key players we're pretty good. Missing a few places we're absolutely not.

We really struggling against top 10 QBs, getting exposed deep. If we can't fix that then we'll be no chance against the 4 division winners in the playoffs (if we even make it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back