Sanchez’s dirty trivia thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't realise Ah Chee played so many in 2018.

Excluding the injured trio, Waterman stiff to miss in 2018 but the Vardy/Lycett combo during the finals justified that call. Great effort to play so many games.

Graham and Staker in 2006. Boy oh boy wowee. Good thing we all know that Derek Kickett missing out in '93 is the only hard luck story we need to hear about every single year.

92: Watters (18 games), Hynes* (17), Hart* (9), Clape* (9)

94: Turley* (15), Spinks (15), White* (played a final), Godden (final)

06: Graham (24), Staker (23), Rosa (15), Nicoski (12), Sampi (12), LeCras* (final)

18: Sheppard (23), Gaff (19), Waterman (16), Naitanui (15), Nelson (10), Ah Chee (8)

(*got a flag in another season)

Three to go. All in 1992.

If you award 'squad medals' then is there any distinction between Gaff and Naitanui/Sheppard? One punched a guy, the other two got injured.

In this hypothetical, no. Though I think he’s the only one of the 23 to miss through suspension.

Sheppard, Naitanui and Hart (1992) off the top of my head are the only ones to miss through injury. Oh and maybe Nicoski I guess, who got injured halfway through the season and didn’t make it back in time.

In this hypothetical, no. Though I think he’s the only one of the 23 to miss through suspension.

Sheppard, Naitanui and Hart (1992) off the top of my head are the only ones to miss through injury. Oh and maybe Nicoski I guess, who got injured halfway through the season and didn’t make it back in time.

Less of a trivia thing, more curious how the AFL would look at it if they ever went down that path.

You could theoretically send out a guy to KO someone in the prelim knowing they'd be guaranteed a medal for playing enough games to that point.

Hypothetical: In recognition of the “squad mentality” required to win a flag, the AFL has decided to retrospectively award premiership medals to any player who played at least eight games in a season, and/or appeared in a final, for the eventual premiers.

These changes mean that 23 players will be awarded retrospective medals for the Eagles’ four premiership seasons (including some who already got medals the traditional way in other seasons).

How many of the 23 can you name?

A bit young for the first two, I’ll have a crack though

S Watters
D Hynes
R Turnbull
A Barich

C Turley
P Harding

M Nicoski
B Staker
J Graham
M Rosa