Universal Love Sandilands retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Aaron Sandilands has announced he will retire at the end of the season.

A legend of the Fremantle football club and the Greatest Ruckman to play the game.

He is up there with the likes of Pavlich and Mcpharlin as one of the Fremantle greats.

Post your favourite Sandi moments to celebrate his great career here.

I think we all knew it was coming but it is still going to suck seeing a Freo list without Sandi on it. A true legend of the club and I hope the club find some way to keep him around in some capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

halalsnackpack

All Australian
Apr 11, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Absolute champion, the last Dockers player left from when I started following footy in 2003! Gonna leave a massive hole, but we have a ready made replacement in Darcy. Gonna be a sad night this weekend!

mustlovepurple

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2013
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm going to miss Sandi, as others have said..we knew it was coming..but God.. I'm really sad....those are bloody big shoes to fill..:'(:'(:'(

Underrated Sandi moment, the day he absolutley lost his s**t at Puopolo

Someone on this board I think took an even better photo, where Puopolo looked like shitting himself and Sutty seemingly saving Puopolo's life

Sep 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NUFC , Pistons , Lions
One of the few left from when i started following footy. Thanks for everything ! I Wonder what could've been if taking the ball out of the ruck wasn't considered prior for his whole career.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
He was so underrated.
Even since 2015 when he has struggled to play games, he has managed just 27 where he played at least 70% game time. Freo won 14 of those 27 (51.2%). In the other games he did not play (or stay on ground at least 70%), Freo won 15 of the 59 (25.4%).

For years I have dreaded the day he retires.
Now I just wish him and his family all the best and Thanks for the memories 211.
A true giant of AFL in every regard.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
There were seasons where you could predict with high accuracy whether Freo would lose. Basically Sandi out = Freo loss.
Without doubt the most influential player we have ever had. He may not have been a better player than pav, but no one was more important or had more time put into them by opposition coaches.
I'm going to miss him so much.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
The best part is, going by the last few weeks, he's going out on the top of his game still
Seeya Sandi, one of the best rucks ever, seriously underrated for his ground ball work IMO
That tsp down to Hilly at Kardinya park in '13 yes

Back