Universal Love Sandilands retires

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn't see it very often, but I loved Angry Sandi.

All the Best 211 - you're going to leave a huge hole at Freo, that will be difficult to fill.

View attachment 725820

I haven't even thought about changing my avatar since Pav's last game. This is now my avatar :thumbsu:

Last edited:

What a legend. Wonderful person, great ruckman fantastic club man and a genuine ornament to the game. He will leave a hole that is not easily filled but hopefully his protege Sean Darcy can write his own story. What I loved most about the big man was his willingness to do the small things at ground level and win the ball one way or another. I feel like he never got the acknowledgment and respect he deserved for his 1%ers week after week.

He will be missed... Like some others, I am almost sadder about this than I was about Pav's retirement...

I will spend the rest of my life imagining what he would have done if he had caught him.

Eat the bastard, Sandi.

afl-giant-ve-midget-jpg.27085

He genuinely was the best ruckman I have ever seen and we are privileged to have counted him as ours.

His accomplishments are all the greater given he never once got a free for having his arms chopped. The umpies unconsciously put the whistle away just to square it up a bit.

I wasn't going on Saturday but now I am and I will spend the whole game willing the Big Fella to just moider the bums.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Mighty, mighty player and legend of this club. Only a matter of time before he enters the Hall of Fame.

Worked his guts out every time he went out on the field for Freo and will be remembered as one of the all-time greats.

Thanks Big Fella - love you long time, and happy landscaping 😍😍😍😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute legend and I can't wait to see if his girls follow suit and dominate the football field for Fremantle in the future.

I will always remember the first time I saw him live walking around the stands with the team coming to do a training session at Optus Oval (Ikon Park) in Carlton before the game and just being in awe of the man almost a foot taller than anyone else walking with him.

He had a presence about him and not just the physical nature of him. He made his team mates stand taller every time he walked out there. That's something that not many people will do.

Love ya big fish, all the best.

I will spend the rest of my life imagining what he would have done if he had caught him.

Eat the bastard, Sandi.

afl-giant-ve-midget-jpg.27085

He genuinely was the best ruckman I have ever seen and we are privileged to have counted him as ours.

His accomplishments are all the greater given he never once got a free for having his arms chopped. The umpies unconsciously put the whistle away just to square it up a bit.

I wasn't going on Saturday but now I am and I will spend the whole game willing the Big Fella to just moider the bums.
I believe that ball belongs to Mr Gilmore

On T10(E3C6) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolute legend of the club. Can't stop watching Sandi YouTube videos now. The heart of Freo along with Pav <3
I love Pav and he's still Freo's GOAT, but Sandi is just SO FREO.

Came off the rookie list - worked his ass off to get to the absolute pinnacle of the game. Close to, if not, the best pure ruckman of all time. 4 AA jumpers (should've been 5) and will be a Hall of Famer in a few years.

Then all he wants to do is drive lawnmowers.

I'll miss him in Purple.

What some non Freo supporters didn’t realise is that Sandi wasn’t just really tall he could really play the game too. The first few years his taps went straight to his feet but boy once his co-ordination developed...

Thank you Sandi!

He was simply the best.

I don’t recall anyone getting the better of him in the ruck duels over a game. Some could out run him, but none bested him in the core role of the ruckman.

And he won so much contested possession inside there. Plus the odd handy clunk up the line.

Was quietly hoping he would go again. Now have to cope with the loss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back