Rumour Sando contract extension imminent

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news if it happens. Can't hold this year against him as he had to deal with so much stuff from before he even joined us. We know what he can do when things go right and deserves a decent run at it.

Sorry, but doing it after 2 years, 1 finals bound team, 1 bottom 10 team. Doesn't deserve it.

This is accepting mediocrity if I've seen it.
This coming season was the sealer for me. 1-6 = New contract, 7-10 = Coin toss, 11-18 = New coach.

Doing it now when we're unsure on how good he really is, is a gamble.
As much as I like him, believe he will succeed, this is simply too early to renew his contract.

Sorry, but doing it after 2 years, 1 finals bound team, 1 bottom 10 team. Doesn't deserve it.

This is accepting mediocrity if I've seen it.
This coming season was the sealer for me. 1-6 = New contract, 7-10 = Coin toss, 11-18 = New coach.

Doing it now when we're unsure on how good he really is, is a gamble.
As much as I like him, believe he will succeed, this is simply too early to renew his contract.

You're really not going to sack a coach on his first contract, which included a prelim final if he finished 11th in consecutive years.

Nice bit fluffy good news. Reality is if he can't get results, they will just sack him anyway and pay him out - not like that's never been done before
Pretty much. Coach contracts are as worthless as the paper they're written on. You do well, you'll keep your job. You do bad, you get sacked before your contract is up anyway.

Geez this board is becoming unbearably negative lately, be a bugger if someone actually showed a bit of positivity around here. With all the Henny Pennies on this board I had to go outside to check and much to my surprise the sky hadn't fallen in...what a relief!!
What drivel. The re-signing of a coach shouldn't just be a feel good moment without being able to question the merit of the appointment and doing it on the day you record a whopping loss makes the timing questionable.

I've come to the conclusion that some will never stop being negative.

Seriously? A 2012 prelim coach having low job security after his 2nd season? Not to mention that he is a coach that is easy to get along with and understand.

The AFC should not be about negativity, especially in a case like this where it is not needed at all. Grow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Sando. In reality he won't get the sack if they have a bad year again next year (would be serious questions asked however) so I don't know why anyone is unhappy about the 2 years. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

In saying that he has some game day decision making faults that he really needs to overcome. Get those right and I could see him sticking around for quite a while :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I like Sando. In reality he won't get the sack if they have a bad year again next year (would be serious questions asked however) so I don't know why anyone is unhappy about the 2 years. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

In saying that he has some game day decision making faults that he really needs to overcome. Get those right and I could see him sticking around for quite a while :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Game day decision faults, and selection adults and perpetration faults

I would have preferred that the club held off until mid season

Good news if it happens. Can't hold this year against him as he had to deal with so much stuff from before he even joined us. We know what he can do when things go right and deserves a decent run at it.

Surely you jest.

Anyone else still having nightmares about Brett Deledio?

Sanderson had a shocker this year from start to finish, in just about every aspect of coaching. Any other view is letting him off the hook too easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back