VFL Sandringham v Casey 2pm Saturday @ TBBO

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Hickey injured?
Was apparently sore after the game against North, and obviously struggled at Subi (against Nic Nat, but still). Might not so much be dropping Hickey for Pierce, but bringing Pierce in as forward-ruck to lighten the load on the big Hick.

goddard no marks
holmes 20 HO
Longer 17HO
vs
Spencer 40 HO
King 10 HO

yuck
Billy's form is worrying. Sure he's had shoulder surgery in the offseason, but his reserves numbers are appalling considering his talent. He should be seriously influential at VFL level, but at the moment just seems to be really struggling

Billy's form is worrying. Sure he's had shoulder surgery in the offseason, but his reserves numbers are appalling considering his talent. He should be seriously influential at VFL level, but at the moment just seems to be really struggling
did anyone go?

Yep.

Everyone talks about his as someone for trade bait..

But he isn't worth much at all based on current form and out of contract..

No club will be offering a first rounder lol.

(Highly doubt he will be traded anyway and will re-sign.)

Yep.

Everyone talks about his as someone for trade bait..

But he isn't worth much at all based on current form and out of contract..

No club will be offering a first rounder lol.

(Highly doubt he will be traded anyway and will re-sign.)
can someone one week actually go to a game so we know what the hell is happening :p:p.

we have got to be by far the worst club when it comes to getting news about our VFL team

Very glad to see White with 19 disposals and in the bests again. Will be interesting to see if we squeeze him in for a debut at some stage this year. Perhaps if Webster misses a game at some stage.

He's been sitting on 11-12 touches the last few weeks, 19 is encouraging. Sounds like the kinda bloke that doesn't need 30 touches to impact a game.

Fingers crossed we give him a taste in the back half of the season.

did anyone go?
can someone one week actually go to a game so we know what the hell is happening :p:p.

we have got to be by far the worst club when it comes to getting news about our VFL team
Went for 3 quarters dewah07 and wasn't impressed by our rucks' efforts at all.

Holmes seemed to just tap the ball (when he got first touch) to exactly the same place, irrespective of our mids' movements. Way too predictable.

Billy had little presence at all I thought, and I love the guy. Wasn't a great day for talls generally due to the blustery wind but they didn't seem to use their bodies to advantage in contests forward, midfield or back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been sitting on 11-12 touches the last few weeks, 19 is encouraging. Sounds like the kinda bloke that doesn't need 30 touches to impact a game.

Fingers crossed we give him a taste in the back half of the season.

White getting very close to a debut, has been discussed.
DMac should be in the 22 this week.
Hickey may not get up this week, but do we play an out of form and underdone Longer? I want Lew Pierce to debut but a huge ask to carry ruck on his own. Hopefully Hickey improves over next few days.

How was Paddy's set shot kicking? Notice he kicked 2 this weekend.
Can't vouch for set shots but he kicked an unbelievable goal high against the wind from the boundary which bounced at right angles just before the goal line which was my highlight of the day.

He found marking difficult not only due to the strong winds carrying the ball over his head but also due to the bone-crunching packs that formed around the forward line. Remarkable there weren't any serious injuries from that.

Can't vouch for set shots but he kicked an unbelievable goal high against the wind from the boundary which bounced at right angles just before the goal line which was my highlight of the day.

He found marking difficult not only due to the strong winds carrying the ball over his head but also due to the bone-crunching packs that formed around the forward line. Remarkable there weren't any serious injuries from that.

Cheers mate.

Glad to see some can still answer a question with decency (y)

Went for 3 quarters dewah07 and wasn't impressed by our rucks' efforts at all.

Holmes seemed to just tap the ball (when he got first touch) to exactly the same place, irrespective of our mids' movements. Way too predictable.

Billy had little presence at all I thought, and I love the guy. Wasn't a great day for talls generally due to the blustery wind but they didn't seem to use their bodies to advantage in contests forward, midfield or back.
Cheers mate

he has shenton and wright kicking to him. god help him

White getting very close to a debut, has been discussed.
DMac should be in the 22 this week.
Hickey may not get up this week, but do we play an out of form and underdone Longer? I want Lew Pierce to debut but a huge ask to carry ruck on his own. Hopefully Hickey improves over next few days.
Wow. Re White. What's the view on him - his potential ceiling?

Longer played a lot forward from the 3 quarters I saw - clearly trying to develop his game there as too good to be in the seconds.

Would be miles in front of both Holmes and Pierce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back