VFL Sandringham v Casey Sunday 11:40 am Sunday Casey Fields

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why didn't Minchington play?
Also i guerentee Answerth had a heap more tackles then 10 he had like 7 in the first quater

That game shows nothing of the sort.

Comparing players with the most AFL fantasy points.
Pederson, 29YO 59 AFL Games Templeton, 20YO, 14 AFL Games.
Michie 24YO 21 AFL Games O'Kearny 19YO, Yet to debut.
Grimes 27YO, 100AFL Games Pierce 21YO , 1 AFL Game
Bugg 23YO , 79AFL Games
Kennedy 22YO , 40AFL Games
Trengove 24YO , 84 AFL Games
Garland 28YO , 141 Games
Oliver , Newton , Dunn

Of that lot ,Oliver is an exciting prospect.
Trengove needs to play more like an early draft pick.
Kennedy, Michie, Newton are about as exciting as Templeton and Minchington ( but older ).

I'm just happy that our relatively few early draft picks are playing AFL footy, instead of playing against some late picks and rookies at Cranbourne.

I think they have a fairly strong back up list, Grimes and Trengove are extremely unlucky with their bodies, they would play ever week if they were fit. Kennedy and Bugg were very good earlier this year and were looking like walk up best 22 players. Garland was good a few years ago, don't know what's happened there. Dees mates rate Newton too and plenty wanted Michie at the Saints. He's a big accumulator.

Most of those 8 you mentioned are very ordinary and in the VFL for that reason. I suspect they just have a few less or less important injuries than us at the moment. We'd have looked a whole lot better if we had Paddy and Hugh as the bookends and Minch and Curren in the guts for instance.

I also don't get why we wouldn't have played Lee forward, when we had Delaney, Simpkin, Coughlan and Le Grice in the backline and of course it doesn't generally make it easier to win when we play all of Longer, Pierce and Holmes.

They also have guys like Pettracca, Viney and Bradshaw to get games into so have a fair few guys that would get games at other clubs now. Lynden Dunn is a solid player as are Terlich and Garland. I just think they have amassed a fair sort of depth now but a lot of those guys probably have had a run at it and playing in an unsuccessful era has cost them reputation.

Myke Cook bit Clayton Oliver during the game?

WTF?!
Yeah i saw that on telly. In a pack wrestling on ground Cook Seemed to turn his mouth slightly towards Oliver's hand and then Oliver went ape droppings. Oh hang on. Oliver's a red head so he went Orangutan droppings i guess:D
Didnt look overly great on TV. But footage wasnt 100% conclusive. Interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:
Back