2nds SANDRINGHAM v. RICHMOND, 2 pm Sunday 22/07/2018 @ Trevor Barker Beach Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Games on YouTube for anyone that’s keen to watch the replay- not great quality but worth a look
Naish was outstanding- that’s his 3rd or 4th ripper game in a row. His kicking technique is straight out of the coaching manual and he is much improved in the contested ball stuff.
Balta is a freak was particularly good in the 2nd when we were defending against a strong wind. Boys calling the game were very impressed (in between limp attempts at comedy).
On Silvestro looks too small to me to be considered for rookie selection. Good VFL player but not explosive enough for a player of his size to make it in the big time

Last edited:
Could the more seasoned VFL watchers give me their opinion on number 64 Silvestro.... worth a rookie spot?
I love him, I watc quite a bit of VFL and have been a big fan since he started with us. A couple years ago I was campaigning heavily for us to rookie him but tbh he’s a bit too small and slight and his disposal is a bit average. He more than makes up for it by how hard he goes in. But I couldn’t feasibly see how he’d ever get a game in our 1s

Was that poster who earlier mentioned Naish was struggling actually at the movies , he had 32p, fair dinkum :eek:
He played a very good game and he’s continued his upward trend at this level. It was great he was playing down back bc it backs up the article earlier in the week that they’re working on his defensive side of his game. A few of our HBF / wingman next year better watch out.

Was a game of 2 quarters,the 1st and 3rd,,, 9 goals in the ist, 7 goals in the 3rd
But we won the game reducing the zebras to only 2 goals in the second quarter ehen they had the wind
Brilliant coaching and smart players meant we always had one or 2 spares in the back half, when the zebras bombed the ball long into there fwd line we always had players to run the ball out, garth and miller would push there opponents under the ball so our spare could then start the counter attack, we were brilliant running thru the middle setting up scoring opportunity, only problem being it was so hard to set up the perfect play due to being into the wind,,, but stupid sandy never matched our spare players, which made it easy to defend

1st quarter, we were exillerating, slick ball movement amazing fwd 50 pressure, great tackling, always looking for the
Best option, so unselfish so good to watch,
The 3rd quarter was similar to the 1st
By thetime the last quarter had started we were stuffedwas a very taxing game played at full velocity
Understand the drop off in the last,
Best for me were
Towny - miles- lloyd- baker- bolton- naish
No one player was outstanding
No one player was terrible
100% team tiger effort
With 12 goal kickers, a great result for all
Feel frree to ask about any specific players and other questions

Games on YouTube for anyone that’s keen to watch the replay- not great quality but worth a look
Naish was outstanding- that’s his 3rd or 4th ripper game in a row. His kicking technique is straight out of the coaching manual and is much improved in the contested ball stuff.
Balta is a freak was particularly good in the 2nd when we were defending against a strong wind. Boys calling the game were very impressed (in between limp attempts at comedy).
On Silvestro looks too small to me to be considered for rookie selection. Good VFL player but not explosive enough for a player of his size to make it in the big time
I agree on Silvestro that he’s physically not big enough to replace blokes at the top level in the midfield as he needs to have qualities of our two meatballs. Very serviceable at VFL and there’s no shame in that. Aarts has been around for awhile now and may get a gig , but it will come down to what’s around in the rookie draft. We need bigger and stronger midfielders and he has an advantage there.
I think that Cusack guy needs a few more games at the lower level as he was totally uncoordinated and lost.

He played a very good game and he’s continued his upward trend at this level. It was great he was playing down back bc it backs up the article earlier in the week that they’re working on his defensive side of his game. A few of our HBF / wingman next year better watch out.
Such a nice situation being able to develop our youth in our reserves team taught the right way the rivhmond way
Makes such a difference to have outstanding development coaches and development systems in place
Naishy, balta, ccj, miller, baker Stengle and ( hopefully bolton), will reap there rewards by being blooded in the 2s

I agree on Silvestro that he’s physically not big enough to replace blokes at the top level in the midfield as he needs to have qualities of our two meatballs. Very serviceable at VFL and there’s no shame in that. Aarts has been around for awhile now and may get a gig , but it will come down to what’s around in the rookie draft. We need bigger and stronger midfielders and he has an advantage there.
I think that Cusack guy needs a few more games at the lower level as he was totally uncoordinated and lost.
Definitely think an afl club will rookie silvester next year maybe or maybe not us,,,, but i hope he gets the opportunity
Think he may surprise a few

Yer Cusack looked out of his depth however I suppose it was a tough day for talls with the windy conditions.
No CCJ today, rested?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer Cusack looked out of his depth however I suppose it was a tough day for talls with the windy conditions.
No CCJ today, rested?
Yes ccj rested, he had a injury end of last season in SA,, fitness guys said he would not play a full season and would be rotated thru the year they dont want to over burden his young frame ( smart operators at punt rd)

Yes ccj rested, he had a injury end of last season in SA,, fitness guys said he would not play a full season and would be rotated thru the year they dont want to over burden his young frame ( smart operators at punt rd)
CCJ is absolutely no chance of playing seniors this year so smart move to rotate him. He can work on strength and conditioning during that period.

Miller got his chance to rotate through the ruck today when Soldo was resting, pretty sure Balta played that role last week. McCrae really adding flexibility to the talls

Any chance for a senior game , menadue didn’t do a lot to firm a spot

CCJ is absolutely no chance of playing seniors this year so smart move to rotate him. He can work on strength and conditioning during that period.

Miller got his chance to rotate through the ruck today when Soldo was resting, pretty sure Balta played that role last week. McCrae really adding flexibility to the talls
Very switched on is mr mcrae

Any chance for a senior game , menadue didn’t do a lot to firm a spot
Ill stick my nose in and answer this, no i dont think so
Another solid pre season in the weight room
Will hopefully see him ready to play some game time in
2019,,, but 2020 is when he will really blossom
My opinion anyway

Was that poster who earlier mentioned Naish was struggling actually at the movies , he had 32p, fair dinkum :eek:

It was me and never said he was struggling. He was good both in defence and attack in the first half but defensively dropped in the second half, with a few questionable (lazy) decisions with ball in hand. Essentially showed how far he has developed since U18's in the first half but reverted back to U18 level to a certain extent in the second half.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-22/around-the-state-leagues-whos-starring-for-your-club

Rookie-listed Tiger Liam Baker kicked three goals and was among Richmond's best in its huge 66-point win at Sandringham.

Experienced Tigers Anthony Miles (36 possessions), Sam Lloyd (29 disposals and two goals) and Jacob Townsend (24 touches, 12 tackles) were outstanding.

Youngsters Patrick Naish (32 possessions, 10 marks), Shai Bolton (21 disposals) and Tyson Stengle (17 touches and a goal) also played well.

QjmrGVB.png

6zRLU3Z.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back