Game Day Sandringham v Richmond Trevor Baker Oval Sandringham 2.10 29/9 - Live Stream

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite right , I recall wacko jacko being very much a project player when he arrived , was a ball magnet , b&f winner in the wash up , Shane tuck overlooked by hawthorn , debuted at Richmond 23yo . RCD has afl qualities that you can’t teach with, his attack on the footy. He’s wet behind the ears , if he has an appetite to want be a good afl player , he ll get there . Interestingly, the next half doz players drafted past rfc have done fa to date

This

RCD averaged 18 disposals a game in U/18 playing mainly as a forward with occasional runs through the middle. Averaging about the same now as a first year kid playing in the midfield. Don't forget there are others playing through there as well that are just as handy.

8 disposals and only 2 more than Garth from the middle is underwhelming in anyones language.
Do NoT make a call on a first year player 5min into their career that’s armchair nuffy stuff. I made that mistake once thinking Pettifer was destined to be a star after his first game and have probably only made one bad call since ,,,,,when I said the 2017 GF would be close

Can’t believe you lot.
18 year old kid’s played 12 games of professional football and you want to write him off as a dud!!
Our recruiters got it wrong all of a sudden have they?
We’ve got him for another 12 months so pass judgment then.
Talls need more time to develop.

Can’t believe you lot.
18 year old kid’s played 12 games of professional football and you want to write him off as a dud!!
Our recruiters got it wrong all of a sudden have they?
We’ve got him for another 12 months so pass judgment then.
Talls need more time to develop.
An old guru quote from my uncle guru ranjit eople
" some people only see what they see and nothing more
Others see what has yet to be seen and look to see more"

An old guru quote from my uncle guru ranjit eople
" some people only see what they see and nothing more
Others see what has yet to be seen and look to see more"

With the greatest respect to your uncle, it sounds like a comparision explaining a real person and, what shall we call it, a fortune teller or a Damien Barrett?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It amazes me how good Towner is at vfl but is so **** at afl.
Hopefully he gets a gig at gc next year if he wants it that is
I reckon he could end up on a list. Have to remember the role he plays with us in the ones is pretty much self sacrificing but that’s what he had to do to get a game here. Pretty sure he’s happy he did!
But I could see him easily play the mid/forward role he plays at VFL Level for quite a few teams.

Last edited:
With the greatest respect to your uncle, it sounds like a comparision explaining a real person and, what shall we call it, a fortune teller or a Damien Barrett?
Lol ,,it's the true art of a guru being able to see what can't be seen

Our 5 genuine forwards - Lynch, Caddy, Rioli, Bolton, Castagna- have a pathetic 10 disposals between them. Mostly handballs.

Rioli has 2 handballs for the game. How he’s playing ahead of Baker is a disgrace.

Our 5 genuine forwards - Lynch, Caddy, Rioli, Bolton, Castagna- have a pathetic 10 disposals between them. Mostly handballs.

Rioli has 2 handballs for the game. How he’s playing ahead of Baker is a disgrace.

It’s because we enter F50 the same way we won a flag, but we don’t have an aerial beast marking it or bringing it to ground in Jack. Can’t kick it to Lynch the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back