VFL Sandringham vs Footscray 12:10pm 21 July

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had some very good games and a few ordinary ones based mostly on stats and my limited observation. He's had a couple of niggles which kept him out of a few games including today's even though he was selected to play. Perhaps his first season is catching up with him and he's tapered off a bit. His good games reveal he has great pace and he certainly 'has a go' when I've seen him live. All in all, I think he's a typical 1st year player relevant to his draft number and age. With another pre-season we might see him get some senior experience next season.
Sam Power mentioned him as a name to watch in the future

Also what about Lynchy? What position has he been playing?
Mostly half back. In his last few games he's averaging about 17 disposals which is better than his early season form. I think something went amiss during the off-season, possibly fitness or injury and he looked well-underdone in early games. He has speed and is a good kick but I don't know if he will ever make it for a senior role again. He's contracted next year so he's still there in the mix.

I reckon it's a certainty. He's been consistent without being brilliant but it's time to give him an opportunity. What have we got to lose, it's as clear as day we're not a finals contender. Unleash the West.
Suckling has been hanging around at half forward, looks sore. You think that would be a good spot for him or is he largely impressing on the inside?

Suckling has been hanging around at half forward, looks sore. You think that would be a good spot for him or is he largely impressing on the inside?
His best work is certainly as an inside mid. He's good in the engine room tackling and feeding out to others. That's not to say he can't kick a goal or two as a resting forward. As a permanent forward (possibly forward pocket) I'm not sure. We won't know until we see him in the team.

He's had some very good games and a few ordinary ones based mostly on stats and my limited observation. He's had a couple of niggles which kept him out of a few games including today's even though he was selected to play. Perhaps his first season is catching up with him and he's tapered off a bit. His good games reveal he has great pace and he certainly 'has a go' when I've seen him live. All in all, I think he's a typical 1st year player relevant to his draft number and age. With another pre-season we might see him get some senior experience next season.
I don't think Vanders is ready for AFL yet but by god he has shown some really good signs to me. he has genuine pace and has used the ball really well when I've seen him at VFL level.

He's no accumulator but he's not the type that has to be.

UTXr46I.png

FL4YNla.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back