VFL Sandringham vs Footscray 12:10pm 21 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Full Time: Foots 13.17 Sand 8.10
Disp: West 24, Roberts 21. Porter 20, Scott 19, Lynch 17, Wallis 17, Lach Young 17
Goals: Gleeson 3, Edwards 2, Gowers 2, Scott 2, William 2, Boyd, McComb
Hitouts: Sweet 51
Best: West, Porter, Roberts, Williams, Scott, Young X2,

What's Porters deal? Never even been close to the AFL side from memory. Is he an inside mid or more of an outside runner?
Was listed as emergency for seniors a while back - perhaps as encouragement. He's certainly improved this season playing mostly mid-field. Goes hard in packs but it would be a surprise if he's retained - could be rookied. As a mid-fielder, probably out of contention.

Inside mid mostly but he loves to tackle and last week he was getting stuck in whenever he could.

Hmm, no chance he gets into the side then by the sound of it. I've had him on my list of delists for this season but started to wonder if we could play a role on a wing. Way too many ahead of him as an inside mid though.

Hmm, no chance he gets into the side then by the sound of it. I've had him on my list of delists for this season but started to wonder if we could play a role on a wing. Way too many ahead of him as an inside mid though.

Even if we delist him, we'll sign him up for Footscray. Dude doesn't have any real attributes that would give him a point of difference at AFL level but he's the perfect player to have at your seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Porter's putting his hand up for a rookie spot next year. Somewhere.

Yeah make no mistake that he's playing very well at VFL level and I reckon that he's better than guys like Honeychurch who also get by on workrate. Can absolutely see another club looking at him and thinking that he'd be handy depth.

With no AFL or u18 championship form he’ll probably slip under the radar of other clubs. Might have to get onto another teams VFL side to get a shot. Although Dalrymple obviously would know about him so the swans are a chance

With no AFL or u18 championship form he’ll probably slip under the radar of other clubs. Might have to get onto another teams VFL side to get a shot. Although Dalrymple obviously would know about him so the swans are a chance

Someone said that Dal was there so it very well could be him keeping tabs on Porter.

Someone said that Dal was there so it very well could be him keeping tabs on Porter.
He was there trying to put a hex on Gowers. Worked for a while but wore off after half time.

Laitham Vandermeer? Wheres he at?
He's had some very good games and a few ordinary ones based mostly on stats and my limited observation. He's had a couple of niggles which kept him out of a few games including today's even though he was selected to play. Perhaps his first season is catching up with him and he's tapered off a bit. His good games reveal he has great pace and he certainly 'has a go' when I've seen him live. All in all, I think he's a typical 1st year player relevant to his draft number and age. With another pre-season we might see him get some senior experience next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back