VFL Sandringham vs Port Melbourne (Friday 16th March)

Remove this Banner Ad

how's billy doin kilroy? taken any more grabs? His marking has been better this preseason
Haven't noticed any more grabs but he's at least tried to create opportunities tapping into space and such. He's winning the ruck duel and putting pressure on. Pretty vocal and encouraging the boys out there.

I watched the first half and for the life of me couldn't work out if Billy was running around alright. Maybe Kilroy can help me out. He went into top speed when he needed to, but often looked stiff running around. At one point saw him lift one leg up and circulate it around to his side and back down again, and his face looked uncomfy. So not sure how he's travelling, hard to tell. But seemed to get to a number of contests. Was either rucking or drifting back to the defensive fifty meter arc. Only saw him take a couple of marks, nothing huge. But easily dominated in the ruck.

Pretty sure no other Saints players playing. So a bit disappointing. But as Plugger says they've had plenty of practice games.

Richo watching and for most of second quarter was yakking with Brereton.

Tom Lamb is a bit of a funny one. Physically looks supremely impressive, but was pretty rusty and out of sorts. Took a blindingly talented one handed mark on the wing. Seemed irritated generally.

I watched the first half and for the life of me couldn't work out if Billy was running around alright. Maybe Kilroy can help me out. He went into top speed when he needed to, but often looked stiff running around. At one point saw him lift one leg up and circulate it around to his side and back down again, and his face looked uncomfy. So not sure how he's travelling, hard to tell. But seemed to get to a number of contests. Was either rucking or drifting back to the defensive fifty meter arc. Only saw him take a couple of marks, nothing huge. But easily dominated in the ruck.

Pretty sure no other Saints players playing. So a bit disappointing. But as Plugger says they've had plenty of practice games.

Tom Lamb is a bit of a funny one. Physically looks supremely impressive, but was pretty rusty and out of sorts. Took a blindingly talented one handed mark on the wing. Seemed irritated generally.
What was Dermie doing there?

I would guess his son played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dermie had a few Guinness earlier at the paddy’s day lunch...could have been an interesting conversation

Billy seemed fine to me. Played the whole game which seems to back that up.

About himself ;)
I kid you not on a flight from Melbourne to Tasmania in 2006 to see Saints vs Power (The game where Daniel Motlop missed after the siren and we won) i was on the same flight as Brereton which was on a smaller QANTAS turbo prop plane because at least back then Tassie wasn't being serviced by jets from Melbourne and at the end of it when everyone stood up to grab their stuff from the overhead lockers Dermott proudly announces to whoever he was sitting next to

"I had forgotten what it was like to fly with the common people"

I swear verbatim its what he said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon my ignorance, but how does Sandringham put together a side with only one St Kilda player, without having a reserves side? Did they get a bunch of ring-ins in? Or are there a bunch of Sandy players that go and play in other leagues if they aren't selected for Sandringham?

Pardon my ignorance, but how does Sandringham put together a side with only one St Kilda player, without having a reserves side? Did they get a bunch of ring-ins in? Or are there a bunch of Sandy players that go and play in other leagues if they aren't selected for Sandringham?
Both.

You ring 'em up. They come in. Otherwise they play for other teams locally.

Simples.

Last edited:
One of the young guys who played, Christian Carnivale, is also co-captain of my club. Will play for us when not selected for the Zebras.

I kid you not on a flight from Melbourne to Tasmania in 2006 to see Saints vs Power (The game where Daniel Motlop missed after the siren and we won) i was on the same flight as Brereton which was on a smaller QANTAS turbo prop plane because at least back then Tassie wasn't being serviced by jets from Melbourne and at the end of it when everyone stood up to grab their stuff from the overhead lockers Dermott proudly announces to whoever he was sitting next to

"I had forgotten what it was like to fly with the common people"

I swear verbatim its what he said

Tasmania wasn't being serviced by jets in 2006..lol

Anyone at the Williamstown game today? Coffield and Marshall with 5 touches each q1 but getting trounced...
Yeah mate. Reporting for duty. They're all here.
Luke Dunstan playing well and kicked a goal.
Lonie great tackling and a nice mark 15 out in very wet conditions, but missed!
Austin and Goddard some solid defensive work in the air and on the ground.
Nissenbaum kicked a goal and did a string of 4 tackles in a row.

Half-time
Sandy 3.8.26
Williamstown 5.8.38

SAN: 3.8 26
WILl: 5.8 38

Disposals: Marshall 12, Dunstan 10 & Lonie 9.

Goals: Haidon, Nissenbaum & Dunstan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back