VFL SANDRINGHAM vs RICHMOND, Sunday, 21 August at 2.15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah are you suggesting these 8 are better than the other 8. Not sure who you mean as I gave you blokes who played for us in the VFL last year and still we struggled
Newman Knights Dea Thomas etcetc
Hampson replaced by maric the VFL lose bc Maric has struggled with fitness all year
To me it's as obvious as Pinocchio's nose it's a game plan issue and tweaking the non VFL players. Take Kitby out yesterday and we lose. TV in for Elton cost us as Elton gives us more options.
Injuries are common and expected all year round .as a poster posted earlier the team wasn't much different and people are clutching at straws , I still have my doubts whether these people actually watched live games earlier in the year let alone now.
It appears it's the usual pro DH crew making the same poor excuses .

This is the team from round 4 when we played Sandy and lost by 57 points. Same number of AFL players in the team as yesterday.

Round 4 VFL squad

B: Broad, Elton, C. Moore
HB: Darley, Langford, Castagna
C: Hunt, Marcon Markov
HF: Couch, Short, Butler
F: Lennon, McBean, Chol
R: Griffiths, Townsend, A. Moore
IC: Kruse, Silvestro, Mellington, Coffield, Gale, Aarts, Forato, Soldo, L. Conca, Scott

Would agree the team is more settled and executing a better game plan than at the start of the season. Elton and Vickery are both spuds so doesn't make much difference who we played and for a TAC player to win us the game shows how weak the depth of key forwards are at the moment. Just hope we don't sign Cloke to add another to the mix.

This is the team from round 4 when we played Sandy and lost by 57 points. Same number of AFL players in the team as yesterday.

Round 4 VFL squad

B: Broad, Elton, C. Moore
HB: Darley, Langford, Castagna
C: Hunt, Marcon Markov
HF: Couch, Short, Butler
F: Lennon, McBean, Chol
R: Griffiths, Townsend, A. Moore
IC: Kruse, Silvestro, Mellington, Coffield, Gale, Aarts, Forato, Soldo, L. Conca, Scott

Would agree the team is more settled and executing a better game plan than at the start of the season. Elton and Vickery are both spuds so doesn't make much difference who we played and for a TAC player to win us the game shows how weak the depth of key forwards are at the moment. Just hope we don't sign Cloke to add another to the mix.
Good post . It still makes my point that our VFL top ups are better and the point you make and I've always suggested that our afl bottom 8 is not much better than the VFL top 4-6. You can easily swap guys around and get similar results.
Our turn around is still game plan bc I wouldn't turn up to games if they were playing that DH crab ship.

He did change it around RD. I'm a VFL junky and over a month ago they were more unbearable to watch than our afl side.
I was harsh on him after the Coburg game and even suggested by covering myself that he was forced to play DH game plan.
I'm not sure how often you've watched them over the last three seasons and whether you're just taking the piss with that line.
The reality is the reserves have been a massive positive in the last five weeks and Macrae and his team deserve credit for it even though they may lodge a dagger in our hearts and finish ninth.
If DH could have shown some inkling to change and results improved we would be saying the same.
I think Macrae was directed by above to get his act together in order for the preparation of a team after DH.
I maybe off the mark , but why do we have two sides playing two different brands of football? The Saints game yesterday was unbearable for all and sundry. Even the seagulls left the stadium
We must a rabble of a club if the 2nds coach is getting told to do things different by means other than Dimma.lol
And whats more you think Dimma wouldn't notice.:cool:

Looks a very exciting prospects but is still very raw so would need to improve a lot to get a gig.
Another preseason and some more muscle, don't see why not!

If he came in alongside Astbury and Rance and he and Grimes then played a similar role, with Grimes then leaning toward playing small and rebounding a bit more, could be a good combo.

Grimes - Astbury - Chol
Markov - Rance - Yarran

But yeah likely a bit of work to do still!

Good post . It still makes my point that our VFL top ups are better and the point you make and I've always suggested that our afl bottom 8 is not much better than the VFL top 4-6. You can easily swap guys around and get similar results.
Our turn around is still game plan bc I wouldn't turn up to games if they were playing that DH crab ship.
The AFL game plan has been on back foot since the start of the season and after the 6 straight losses, but lets not paper over the symptoms of why this has happened.

1 Bad recruiting (only 5 gun first rounders from 2004 to 2013) not much else to get excited about. Last 2 drafts look more promising but too early to say conclusively. Would agree that our depth is poor as a result of this, especially in the forward line. For the last few years have been hoping that Griff, Ty, McBean and now Elton and Lennon would step to help Jack but for the odd cameo this has not happened.

2 Bad coaching - couldn't get a better game plan going despite having all summer to get it right after the EF loss. We had tried to change the game plan earlier in 2015 to a fast break style (remember the North Tassie game where turnovers killed us). Ignored the warning signs and got away with the slow more deliberate style for the rest of the season. Wasn't go to win us big games though and against better teams this year.

Main reasons we have lost is because of lack of skills and lack of pressure over 4 quarters. Our best wins and one near loss against the Bulldogs was because of the increased pressure and faster ball movement. Although even these wins have not been that impressive. Haven't seen this a game this year where we have clicked and move the ball cleanly for consistent periods. Sydney game was the closest we have got to this. We are still too reliant on a handful of stars to get wins but now fall short against the better teams.

Does anyone think Chol can come into the 1s next year and compete like Alir Alir?

Although I haven't seen heaps of VFL this year, I tend to agree with GoTigers.

Chol has been good in patches, but has his deficiencies - basically his too light and gets pushed off / under the ball regularly. If he can get a run at a contest and jump at the ball, he spoils really well. I can imagine him sneaking an AFL game if Grimes goes down and we are playing a team with 3 tall forwards... I would not like to see him standing the resting ruckman.

IMO, probably needs another year development with plenty of steaks and gym work, but I think he could be an AFL player.

Y
Does anyone think Chol can come into the 1s next year and compete like Alir Alir?
Yes especially if our strength and conditioning team and development teams get there act together. He has all the tools to be a afl player just needs to bulk up and get more game time

Still very raw, Alir is in his third season and comes from a much stronger club for development. But I can't see why not eventually, has all the right attributes.

Do you know how that would work?

I don't think we would have access to KK as he has come through a traditional pathway. It's basically for kids who wouldn't have played footy is my understanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayle Kirby
4059-72b3dc5b315ee010c734fe5cc73ad7ef.jpg

4058-1f30a3b69c341325b5c32a2f47aac073.jpg

4057-68ffa66c8ad952c9f5a6c0161b0b8982.jpg

4056-cd0b77cb0fc7068723905929144b63c0.jpg

Its our Zone but we won't be able to take him, he is already in an elite pathway.
He is from this program

Laguntas is a program designed to support Victorian Indigenous youth into the AFL talent pathway while providing training and education to support their off-field development. Laguntas provides participants with improved opportunities and lifestyle choices to help them realise their full potential in education, work and football careers. It also aims to develop the next generation of young leaders within the Victorian Indigenous community.

He is from this program

Laguntas is a program designed to support Victorian Indigenous youth into the AFL talent pathway while providing training and education to support their off-field development. Laguntas provides participants with improved opportunities and lifestyle choices to help them realise their full potential in education, work and football careers. It also aims to develop the next generation of young leaders within the Victorian Indigenous community.
Didnt we help set the laguntas up? Hmm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back