VFL Sandringham vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Our skill execution problem from last night doesn't look like its improving with the injection of any of these guys. We continually miss very simple handballs and kicks by literally metres and we are turned around and caught out on the rebound.

I really don't understand these guys that get to a higher level seem incapable of hitting a target from 2 metres, is it that difficult, how do they make the cut in the first place? It would be like me doing an apprenticeship to become a carpenter and I keep missing the head of the nails with my hammer.

What do these guys actually do at training these days. In the last month or so I think we might have strung more than about 3 consecutive possessions together on a handful of occasions without f***ing it up.

Something stinks in our program atm... Every line has broken down, we miss fly and leppa tremendously
Yeah they don’t look well-coached in my opinion. This is both VFL and AFL. You can tell by how much they hesitate. Some of them look like they are in two minds when making a decision.

Compare that to 2017-2020 and you’d just know that the boys had full confidence in the gamestyle, their role in the side and the directions they were being given by the coaches. I don’t know, that’s my take on it at least.

The fact we've done this well is surprising. Ross improved a lot this match.

Height destroyed us, mids didn't adjust well to their tactics and a few real ordinary performances from MJ, Parker, Egg, Cumberland.

Naish, Ross, RCD, Dow, Miller all good

Our skill execution problem from last night doesn't look like its improving with the injection of any of these guys. We continually miss very simple handballs and kicks by literally metres and we are turned around and caught out on the rebound.

I really don't understand these guys that get to a higher level seem incapable of hitting a target from 2 metres, is it that difficult, how do they make the cut in the first place? It would be like me doing an apprenticeship to become a carpenter and I keep missing the head of the nails with my hammer.

What do these guys actually do at training these days. In the last month or so I think we might have strung more than about 3 consecutive possessions together on a handful of occasions without f***ing it up.
There is a stat that says that we are clear last in the league when it comes to scoring from kick-ins this year. This means that we just cannot hold onto possession from end to end in a way that leads to a score at the other end without turning the ball over.

Shocking turnover going forward from Rioli. Have only watched bits and pieces but it seems we are breaking down around half forward.

That last 50m, looked like it was against MRJ for being in the protected area? The commentators seem to think it was for abuse? MRJ got pretty close to the Sandy player taking his kick only a couple of minutes before that too.

Miller has been good.

Honestly, at least the VFL players are excused for their performance today. No issues with it because there is barely any height in there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RCD cant string 4 q together... really good first 3, but MIA in q4 ... must temper any expectations of him with this - just looks like his fitness is well off afl level (noting also he doesnt run 2 ways, the fact he still can only out run 3 qs is even worse)

Second player comes in and gives Miller one, so he gives him one back and the ump gives Miller a 50m penalty. How.

hate the way they umpire this... players can come in and niggle someone who gives away a free, and if that player retaliates it's a 50...happens every time and it's total bullshit. if anything it should be a reversal as soon as that second player comes in to start something

however my preference is to just do nothing...who gives a s**t about some biff and barge every now and then. fans love that s**t... unless it gets out of hand it should just be play on/go with the original decision

Naish needs to come in. Our best two weeks in a row. He either makes it or he doesn’t and we need to know if he can play at the level.

RCD should be given a game.

Miller has to be the replacement for Balta.

Astbury and Lynch hopefully in to the side also.

We definitely are missing Fly and Leppa. Club isn’t operating the same without them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My best 5 today

RCD - 27 disposals 4 clearances 3 I50s 2 goals. Looks like he was released to play more of a see ball get ball role. Didn't lay a tackle, but his impact in driving the ball forward was immense especially early on. May have been rested a bit in the last quarter with only the 3 disposals.

Naish - 31 disposals 8 marks 6 I50s 2 goals. Had a better impact on the game this week IMO. Ran hard all day up and down the wing linking up well between the D50 and driving the ball forward.

Ross - 28 disposals 14 marks 5 I50s. Played a excellent game roaming around the D50 in a similar role to what Vlastuin & Broad play. Was caught out a couple of times in 1-1 contests when giving away a bit of height but looks to have settled into the new role well.

Dow - 22 disposals 8 clearances 5 tackles 1 goal. Developing well as an all around midfielder, doesn't really stand out in terms of highlight plays, but just gets the job done. Closing in on another run at senior level.

Miller - 16 disposals 8 marks 5 tackles. Solid game down back with a number of intercept marks. With Balta out should get his debut soon enough.

My best 5 today

RCD - 27 disposals 4 clearances 3 I50s 2 goals. Looks like he was released to play more of a see ball get ball role. Didn't lay a tackle, but his impact in driving the ball forward was immense especially early on. May have been rested a bit in the last quarter with only the 3 disposals.

Naish - 31 disposals 8 marks 6 I50s 2 goals. Had a better impact on the game this week IMO. Ran hard all day up and down the wing linking up well between the D50 and driving the ball forward.

Ross - 28 disposals 14 marks 5 I50s. Played a excellent game roaming around the D50 in a similar role to what Vlastuin & Broad play. Was caught out a couple of times in 1-1 contests when giving away a bit of height but looks to have settled into the new role well.

Dow - 22 disposals 8 clearances 5 tackles 1 goal. Developing well as an all around midfielder, doesn't really stand out in terms of highlight plays, but just gets the job done. Closing in on another run at senior level.

Miller - 16 disposals 8 marks 5 tackles. Solid game down back with a number of intercept marks. With Balta out should get his debut soon enough.
Thought Dow got better as the game went on.
Stack is not game fit yet. Ran well in the middle part of the game but flagged a bit in the last, you notice it when Ross just kept on pushing and he was not. But building, only his second game at half back.
Reckon it wasn't too bad considering we had nobody except Miller above 193cm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back