Food, Drink & Dining Out Sandwiches

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind pineapple on a pizza, doesn't work for me on a sandwich or a burger though, not a fan of jalopenos either but beetroot is a welcome addition.

The old uni student on a budget special that one, the sort of thing you would knock up after a big night out and you had nothing else left at home to eat.

Baked bean toasted sandwiches on the sandwich maker was an old favourite of mine, throw in some cheese slices and you had yourself a gourmet meal.

You don't see the likes of Jamie Oliver or Heston Blumenthal coming up with food creations that good on a budget.

Ummmm genius idea.

A cooking show for those on a budget? Make a competition. Like see who creates the best meal out of basic limited ingredients.

This idea has potential.

My local IGA has a deli section that is like an old wog deli, there is a big Italian community there so every wog and his dog is queuing up for stuff there.

I go there to just get some ham which is much better than Coles or Woolies and I get stuck behind some old Italian mama who is ordering slices from everything they have there, salami, pastrami, pepperoni, you name it, it takes about half an hour for one of their orders and all I want is some bloody ham.

Ummmm genius idea.

A cooking show for those on a budget? Make a competition. Like see who creates the best meal out of basic limited ingredients.

This idea has potential.

Pasta Carbonara is my best budget option.

A bag of pasta for about a dollar, carbonara sauce which costs around 2 to 3 dollars, throw in some cheap chopped up ham or bacon and bob's your uncle.

Would cost around 3 or 4 dollars for a meal tops, quite filling and tastes about as good as a 20 dollar pasta carbonara meal at an Italian restaurant.

pretty goat
giphy.gif

My local IGA has a deli section that is like an old wog deli, there is a big Italian community there so every wog and his dog is queuing up for stuff there.

I go there to just get some ham which is much better than Coles or Woolies and I get stuck behind some old Italian mama who is ordering slices from everything they have there, salami, pastrami, pepperoni, you name it, it takes about half an hour for one of their orders and all I want is some bloody ham.

Pasta Carbonara is my best budget option.

A bag of pasta for about a dollar, carbonara sauce which costs around 2 to 3 dollars, throw in some cheap chopped up ham or bacon and bob's your uncle.

Would cost around 3 or 4 dollars for a meal tops, quite filling and tastes about as good as a 20 dollar pasta carbonara meal at an Italian restaurant.

Yeah must admit plugs I’m liking Aldi . They seem to get more gourmet lines in . Plus you got all sorts of stuff in the middle . I’m going tomorrow . Danish cookies and marzipan .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Turkey, cheese and cranberry is another I enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stinks of Stirling IGA

Yeah that's the one, it's like a mini Re-Store with the Italian influence there which is probably why the wogs flock to it in droves.

It's a meeting place for them, they don't just go there to shop they go there to chat, a lot of old nonnas with full trolleys talking Italian.

I even saw Robert De Niro waiting there one day.

Mature cheese and Branston Pickle on fresh wholemeal bread. Timeless classic.
A Branston Pickle fan.

IMG_1980.GIF

Love that s**t. Go through a jar a week.

I've never had the experience the OP is describing- I always get asked if I want it toasted or not. If there's cheese in it, my answer is generally going to be yes, unless of course there's also cucumber or pickles in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back