Sandy Roberts Presents: The Wordsmith

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Just seeing ads for this show on Fox Footy, airing on Wednesday, September 30.

Does anyone know what/who it's actually about? I thought the ads were a piss-take at first (as a lot of Fox Footy self-promos are), but it seems like it might be serious.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm totally confused by it. At first I thought it was a betting scandal or something like that before they legalised sports betting, but surely it isn't that.

Did they mention a bloke named "Jimmy" in the promo or something like that?

Yeah I'm totally confused by it. At first I thought it was a betting scandal or something like that before they legalised sports betting, but surely it isn't that.

Did they mention a bloke named "Jimmy" in the promo or something like that?

Yeah heard that name mentioned.

Barry Breen also appears in the ad, saying that someone went to jail. John Kennedy Snr is looking pretty serious and uncomfortable there too.

Seems like it's some sort of journalistic scandal, but no idea how it would be able to stay under the radar if it was genuinely such a big, serious deal.

NFI TBH.

Would like to see a 'sneak peak' to get an idea of what we're about to see on 30th September. The question is, why would Fox Footy want to air this story during the biggest week on the AFL calendar-Grand Final Week? And just how damaging is it going to be for the AFL, and how would they minimise the fallout?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a piss take. It's just about a guy who used to ghost write newspaper columns for a bunch of footballers and coaches. Nothing serious about it

Would like to see a 'sneak peak' to get an idea of what we're about to see on 30th September. The question is, why would Fox Footy want to air this story during the biggest week on the AFL calendar-Grand Final Week? And just how damaging is it going to be for the AFL, and how would they minimise the fallout?

Lol this guys all over it

According to the latest ad, Mike Sheahan basically said that those iconic recorded speeches we all know and love from the 60s and 70s made by the likes of Tom Hafey, Allan Jeans and John Kennedy Snr were all written for them by the same man, presumably this Jimmy bloke he mentioned before. Unbelievable, but this must be serious.

According to the latest ad, Mike Sheahan basically said that those iconic recorded speeches we all know and love from the 60s and 70s made by the likes of Tom Hafey, Allan Jeans and John Kennedy Snr were all written for them by the same man, presumably this Jimmy bloke he mentioned before. Unbelievable, but this must be serious.
That's like finding out Santa Claus isn't real. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can't work out if it will be a serious or light hearted grand final week program

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If this as big a scandal as the promo is making out they would not be getting Sandy Roberts to present it.

From the promo, his nickname is Jimmy Jim Jimster! I think it's a pisstake but we'll have to see.

Why couldn't Fox Footy do a sneak peek of 'The Wordsmith' between now and Wednesday night?

Are there seriously people who are still asking whether this is a pisstake or not? They have superimposed a guy with a huge moustache and dark sunglasses in to famous old photos and have interviews saying that a guy wrote ALL of the famous speeches by coaches.

Come on people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back