VFL Sandy v Casey

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrific looking half from JL, good response to being dropped. Would much rather see him play a game on a wing than D-Mac. Think he's got much more chance of really making it if he plays up the ground more. He has excellent endurance and no trouble finding the ball when playing up the ground.

Can anyone at the game detail where Lonie is playing?

22 and 2 is excellent, but what good is it for him if he's allowed such freedom to play in the middle/higher (I'm assuming based on the numbers, please correct me if wrong) in the reserves, then gets sat in the forward pocket again in the seniors? Makes continuity in his game difficult I would imagine?

Can anyone at the game detail where Lonie is playing?

22 and 2 is excellent, but what good is it for him if he's allowed such freedom to play in the middle/higher (I'm assuming based on the numbers, please correct me if wrong) in the reserves, then gets sat in the forward pocket again in the seniors? Makes continuity in his game difficult I would imagine?
He's been playing on the wing a bit this year at afl level but Sinclair pushed him back into the pocket

He's been playing on the wing a bit this year at afl level but Sinclair pushed him back into the pocket
So what does that mean for Lonie going forward? Despite his shortcomings (see what I did there :p) he can clearly play and forward pocket is bloody tough. Do we judge him too harshly when he plays there? Can he be more involved in the midfield rotation to strike a better balance of mid and forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what does that mean for Lonie going forward? Despite his shortcomings (see what I did there :p) he can clearly play and forward pocket is bloody tough. Do we judge him too harshly when he plays there? Can he be more involved in the midfield rotation to strike a better balance of mid and forward?
I really don't Know, personally I'd be playing him at half forward and the wing. I don't think he'll make it in the pocket. I really don't want to lose him off our list, some here don't like him but I think he has a lot of potential still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back