MVP SANFL 2019 Magarey Medal Count & SA Football HOF Inductions

Remove this Banner Ad

We're hogging the Magarey flashbacks - Ebert (X2,) Bucks and Ando so far, only Blight & Aish repping the rest of the comp - the NO ALF numpties will be spewing, lol...

Great how Russell said let tennis and golf players worry about individual accolades. We play a team sport for team success.

Haha, six votes for Lycett in two games...

3a2ri3.gif

Lycett 2 BOGs in a row while Ryder stunk it up above him.

I suspect that we had to keep Saints & Essendon interested in Ryder (by playing him - in the AFL) other wise we might be stuck with him

during the trade period I will be interested in what we get for Ryder (for playing him in the AFL) compared to what the cows get for Jacobs (for playing him in the SANFL)

80 votes
15 - Jack Trengove
8 - Joe Atley
6 - Scott Lycett, Willem Drew
5 - Jarrod Lienert, Pete Ladhams, Billy Frampton
4 - Cam Sutcliffe
3 - Ollie Wines, Tom Rockliff, Joel Garner, Matthew Broadbent
2 - Sam Gray, Charlie Dixon, Justin Westhoff, Sam Mayes
1 - Todd Marshall, Steven Motlop, Sam Powell-Pepper, Sam Hayes, Boyd Woodcock, Tobin Cox
Ladhams with only 5 votes while Atley had 8 proves that this is a mids award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy to replace Hewett on the rookie list with Partington. Not sure if I'd go higher than that. Losing the SANFL zones meant the Tumby Bay junior couldn't get to Alberton before the WCE drafted him.

At least we don't yet live in a world where Zane Kirkwood has as many Magarey Medals as Barrie Robran.

At least I’d recognise him if he turned up in my Nutri-Grain.

I couldn’t pick James Allan out of a lineup of one.

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with either ex or current AFL-listed players comprising of the majority of the best players in a league :drunk:
Surely that is to be expected.

Well done to Partington, from what I've seen in these finals he's improved his impact upon games in comparison to the fit, prolific but fairly inconsequential performances in the WAFL for East Perth (although was beaten by Sutcliffe on Sunday).

If there were no AFL players in the SANFL they would be just admitting, or even forcing, their league to always be a second rate competition.

Why would they not want to field the best players possible, wherever they came from, to elevate the quality if the competition?

Retorical question really, I already know the answer ..

I liked when the video summary went on to point out that Muffins had 40 touches and dominated one game, then he proceeded to get zero votes. Those are always interesting at awards nights.
McBean 9 goals vs Crows. 2 votes.

At least I’d recognise him if he turned up in my Nutri-Grain.

I couldn’t pick James Allan out of a lineup of one.

I'd be hard pressed to pick between Kirkwood and Nathan Lyon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back