SANFL crows umpiring

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
38 frees to North, 15 to Adelaide.
Disgusting calls all day that were completely wrong.
In my eyes was quite clearly corrupt.
Adelaide are now -108 in 14 games. 8 a game behind the ball.

Why isn’t the integrity of the competition being questioned by the media?

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club

Because the integrity of the competition was already compromised when two Reserves teams were admitted that weren’t playing to a salary cap.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Because the integrity of the competition was already compromised when two Reserves teams were admitted that weren’t playing to a salary cap.
Two teams that are significantly worse than the rest of the competition in terms of talent spread?
Next argument please. Unfair umpiring is not acceptable no matter the circumstances.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Two teams that are significantly worse than the rest of the competition in terms of talent spread?
Next argument please. Unfair umpiring is not acceptable no matter the circumstances.
Significantly worse? Port made the GF last year for the second time and Adelaide made a prelim in 2016. I’m sure there’s SANFL clubs that would love to do that.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Significantly worse? Port made the GF last year for the second time and Adelaide made a prelim in 2016. I’m sure there’s SANFL clubs that would love to do that.
Youre actually defending a league fixing games with umpiring? Wow.
Adelaide is by far the worst side this year. Port wont play finals. Neither are a real shot at a flag the way it is setup and why would it even matter if one of them won a flag, they are just one more club. We could go back to the old setup where afl players play for sanfl clubs out of position.. what would that achieve for SA football? West Coast want a stand alone team now too.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Youre actually defending a league fixing games with umpiring? Wow.
Adelaide is by far the worst side this year. Port wont play finals. Neither are a real shot at a flag the way it is setup and why would it even matter if one of them won a flag, they are just one more club. We could go back to the old setup where afl players play for sanfl clubs out of position.. what would that achieve for SA football? West Coast want a stand alone team now too.
Where have I defended umpires fixing games? You’ve said that not me. Don’t be so stupid.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers

I find comments about umpires somewhat onanistic- momentarily pleasurable [so I'm told, hah] but fruitless.

But talking 'corruption' - i.e. a perversion of integrity - one could equally argue that the inclusion of 2 pro teams such as Port and Adelaide in a non-pro league (i.e. the SANFL) is, by definition, corrupt in that it impacts the integrity of the SANFL competition.

I mean, hyperbolic comments as bolded have consequences.

I don't 'hate' the Port Magpies nor the SANFL Crows, but they are not birds of a financial feather with the rest of the SANFL teams.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find comments about umpires somewhat onanistic- momentarily pleasurable [so I'm told, hah] but fruitless.

But talking 'corruption' - i.e. a perversion of integrity - one could equally argue that the inclusion of 2 pro teams such as Port and Adelaide in a non-pro league (i.e. the SANFL) is, by definition, corrupt in that it impacts the integrity of the SANFL competition.

I mean, hyperbolic comments as bolded have consequences.

I don't 'hate' the Port Magpies nor the SANFL Crows, but they are not birds of a financial feather with the rest of the SANFL teams.
Rubbish.
The sanfl agreed for Adelaide and port to join.
Adelaide didn’t agree to be umpired disgracefully.

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
Rubbish.
The sanfl agreed for Adelaide and port to join.
Adelaide didn’t agree to be umpired disgracefully.
So what? An agreement per se does not cure a corrupt act. The integrity of the SANFL has been subverted.

Your last sentence is a non sequitur - I give you an A for passion, but an F (fail) for logic.

Back