Game Day SANFL Crows vs Norwood

Who wins today?

• Crows

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Norwood

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Played well for the most part, but came up short in too many critical moments, especially from our kids. From dropped marks and spoils that went straight to the opposition in the defensive 50 from Borlace and Nankervis, to bad turnovers/poor defensive efforts from Frampton and Sholl to wasted opportunities forward from Smithson and Gollant. Can't win a preliminary like that.
You are a puzzling conundrum then
Kudos for supporting the team, im disappointed i won't be able to go next week
You can……..and support Norwood

Sounds like excuses to me. They were top for a big portion of the year without these reasons.
Yeah with all of Berry, Crouch, Hately, Hinge, Milera, Fogarty, Thilthorpe Hamill, Rowe, Parnell. Nick Murray, Soligo, McPherson, etc figuring in a host of those games

So depressing seeing Quaynor tear it up for a top team. I still remember us all cracking the shits when he got the RS nod over Sholl and we thought Sholl was on a steeper trajectory.
I guess there's a reason Quaynor went at #13 and Sholl #64...omly 14 players went after Sholl and 6 of those were token F/S or Academy

Sounds like excuses to me. They were top for a big portion of the year without these reasons.
The young group was playing with a lot more experience players during the season which they didn't have access in the final series, especially in the midfield so unsurprisingly took their toll eventually (only Turner didn't buggered). They looked buggered in the 4th quarter.

Perfect result

Our guys have had a chance to show their wares against good teams. That's plenty

Ideally would have wrapped things up at the same time as our AFL guys and got any surgery clean ups, 6 (8?) week breaks etc done so we can start preseason together

Cook showed some really good signs I thought. This play in the last quarter was immense - great contested ball win, and then a beautiful handball to advantage. Gave a nice insight into the footy smarts he'll bring to the team when he matures.

Felt the miss that ensued from this play was the turning point in the game ironically.

b745bf0119ebd6a2dbf49792257d7302.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some real positives to take out of the last few weeks but the lack of kpp depth and still no big bodied midfielder to push for selection in 23 are a real concern.

There was approximately 9 afl players with multiple preseasons under their belts.
I can’t believe fitness would be used as an excuse against a bunch of plumbers and carpenters.

Not sure if you know any guys who have played Sanfl level. They train most days of the week - not AFL level training but you ar comparing midfielders who were all 26-31 against a midfield of Turner - then Taylor Nankervis and Boyle etc

Having said that we had chances and missed a couple of easy shots in the last quarter that could have taken the game to the wire. And Gollant missed snap late in the 3rd was costly - they went and scored and a should have been 20 point lead became 8 points

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Frampton atypically terrible today. His one-wood failed: he pulled all of his kicks except one, and most went to the oppo this week.
His pathetic effort in the last probably cost the game. Maybe, he checked out early?

Borlase and Worrell marked very well though, for the most part.

He was trying just had an off day. You could see his frustration at times. And often there wasn’t much to kick too

The young group was playing with a lot more experience players during the season which they didn't have access in the final series, especially in the midfield so unsurprisingly took their toll eventually (only Turner didn't buggered). They looked buggered in the 4th quarter.

Correct. No Hateley (and Crouch) removed the depth of the middle and they were cooked

It’s a bit ironic when Himmelbergs contract is more than Norwoods entire salary cap

Sure it is…. Lots of confidence that the Sanfl clubs remain within the cap

Once in a team/on a list money means nothing to field play. Rubbish Sanfl whine is all that is

Some real positives to take out of the last few weeks but the lack of kpp depth and still no big bodied midfielder to push for selection in 23 are a real concern.
Brett Turner is the same weight as Clayton Oliver and only 2cm shorter, probably wacks on a couple of Kilo's with a full preseason in the weights room?

Sure it is…. Lots of confidence that the Sanfl clubs remain within the cap

Once in a team/on a list money means nothing to field play. Rubbish Sanfl whine is all that is

Ok, the SANFL are rorting the $200k and are actually paying $300k. What’s EH’s salary?

But why are so many players choosing to pay country football?

Back