Game Day SANFL Crows vs Norwood

Who wins today?

• Crows

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Norwood

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoken like a Norwood man, good luck next week.
Sturt supporter

+ Crows but have no interest in seeing us win a reserves flag. We've got whatever benefits an SANFL season can give us and our young players

Brett Turner is the same weight as Clayton Oliver and only 2cm shorter, probably wacks on a couple of Kilo's with a full preseason in the weights room?
He’s 4cm shorter and 2kgs lighter than Oliver according to their official club profiles. Not a huge difference but certainly not insignificant.

The result doesn't suggest this but I actually thought the Crows looked fitter as the game went on while Norwood looked to have nothing left in the tank. Thought Norwood wanted it more today

Last edited:
Frampton atypically terrible today. His one-wood failed: he pulled all of his kicks except one, and most went to the oppo this week.
His pathetic effort in the last probably cost the game. Maybe, he checked out early?

Borlase and Worrell marked very well though, for the most part.
Frampton is elite…when he’s on his own. The minute there’s a hint of a contest he loses the plot, and often the ball.

I haven't been able to watch our reserves games this year but it sounds like he's put together a decent back end to the season
Yep, he has. Obviously injured so didn’t participate for all the matches, but he’s certainly shown some good things. I thought he was our best on today.

Anyone that saw Goddens pre-match interview wont be surprised by the result. Could be the most uninspiring coach I have heard.
How can a coach be so flippant - "I just told them to go have fun with their mate" WTF that's simply not good enough at this level Under12's yep but not the AFL reserves!!

I haven't been able to watch our reserves games this year but it sounds like he's put together a decent back end to the season
His finals performances were very good. His contested possession was good and he broke out of packs well with his turner pace. His disposal was okay, sometimes it was not great. His fitness seems very good. A good last quarter performer :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can a coach be so flippant - "I just told them to go have fun with their mate" WTF that's simply not good enough at this level Under12's yep but not the AFL reserves!!
The players love him apparently

Strachan very good- excellent
Worrell excellent
Turner keep showing more each game
Taylor amazing until blanketed then missing
Borlase very good signs

concerning
McAsey can't take a contested mark
Cook - geez loved him early but went missing in the finals
Scholl -wow
Nankervis - not much

He’s 4cm shorter and 2kgs lighter than Oliver according to their official club profiles. Not a huge difference but certainly not insignificant.
both 88kg on footywire and Oliver 187cm and Turner 185cm

On their club profiles Oliver 189cm 87 kg, Turner 185cm 88Kg

Didn't choke ......"kids" mostly in 1st or 2nd year ran out of gas .....couldn't apply any pressure & with exhaustion skills disappear

Zac Taylor disappeared after HT .....same Borlaise

We don't get to select a balanced side in the SANFL ....we have to play all our listed players, which causes us to be unbalanced, usually with talls

We had no run in the 2nd half, due to that inbalance ....also the SANFL game is different, in that defenders stay at home in position ......made for massive congestion at both ends of the ground

Newchurch putrid .....Sholl got a lot of possessions, but zero hurt factor .....Davis an "almost" AFL player, easy delist
Gollant, hard for him with no space and massive congestion

Gollant was absolutely awful today ….. consequently I’ve lost a fair bit of faith in his ability to make it at AFL level. Maybe he should get his vision tested.

Z Taylor got a hard tag at stoppages for the second week in a row …. it was a key factor in our 2 defeats. He needs a couple of years in the gym and then will be a very good AFL player.

Newchurch offered zero pressure acts and didn’t work hard enough to provide an option. If that’s all he’s got after 3 years …. de-list.

Borlaise was OK to good today. I think there was one Clanger that cost us a goal, but he was probably our best defender with Worrell. Way better than last week when he stunk.

Worrell and Nankervis both v good today. They look to have an AFL future.

McAsey is frustratingly uncompetitive. Just about the biggest body on the field, but doesn’t attack the ball or the player with any vigour and keeps slipping over. Occasionally takes a great mark, but does nothing to bring the ball to ground or to retain the ball in the area. Looks like he should get his eyes tested.

Ditto to a degree for Cook. He needs to run to space more, and run past players who have marked/won a free kick and demand the *ing ball Brodie Smith style. I think that he should play HBF instead of W/HFF in the SANFL for his development.

Turner was probably our best player and looks worth giving a 1 yr Rookie contract, at least until Taylor is ready for AFL.

We need a new ruckman. Neither ROB or Strachan are good enough to be consistently good AFL players. Both are C+ at their very best.

3-4 of those Tops Ups shouldn’t get a game at anywhere near SANFL level.

Really needed Matt Crouch today.

Last edited:
Strachan very good- excellent
Worrell excellent
Turner keep showing more each game
Taylor amazing until blanketed then missing
Borlase very good signs

concerning
McAsey can't take a contested mark
Cook - geez loved him early but went missing in the finals
Scholl -wow
Nankervis - not much
Disagree re Nankervis

Thought Strachan and Harry Boyd broke about square in the ruck on the day.

The rest pretty spot on.

Disagree re Nankervis

Thought Strachan and Harry Boyd broke about square in the ruck on the day.

The rest pretty spot on.
I was disappointed with Strachan today: not up to his normal standard.
Of course, the fact that he got interfered with/crashed into before contesting the hitouts may have had something to do with it.
Was that legal?

I was disappointed with Strachan today: not up to his normal standard.
Of course, the fact that he got interfered with/crashed into before contesting the hitouts may have had something to do with it.
Was that legal?
Was one of Strachan's worst games all year. I still think he's a better option than ROB.

Back