Remove this Banner Ad

Phenomenal resource; congratulations Sam. Do you have plans for this to live elsewhere online in the future, or just on this thread?

Top stuff!

You're missing atleast one Central District jumper btw...

I have Luke Cowan's grass stained jumper from a match sometime around 2005-2006 where Central's wore their 1980s jumper. They then auctioned off the jumpers on eBay afterwards. I'm pretty sure this wasn't a once off either and they did it again the following year.

I was tracking that this one existed and its variants. But I couldn’t find any evidence to suggest it was actually a match worn league guernsey. Everything I found online lead me to believe it was a training/pre season guernsey. A lot of people also lead me to believe the 2020 Away Guernsey was Glenelg’s first one.

Are these photos from a league match? If you can confirm for me I’ll add it.
this one is from 2012 but I think there were a few other years they wore a variation of this:

Flickr Search — “glenelg west adelaide 2012”

View attachment 1551718

View attachment 1551719

Top stuff!

You're missing atleast one Central District jumper btw...

I have Luke Cowan's grass stained jumper from a match sometime around 2005-2006 where Central's wore their 1980s jumper. They then auctioned off the jumpers on eBay afterwards. I'm pretty sure this wasn't a once off either and they did it again the following year.
I wasn’t tracking that this one existed. Could you please provide photos of the front and back of the Guernsey so I can add it. Thanks

I was tracking that this one existed and its variants. But I couldn’t find any evidence to suggest it was actually a match worn league guernsey. Everything I found online lead me to believe it was a training/pre season guernsey. A lot of people also lead me to believe the 2020 Away Guernsey was Glenelg’s first one.

Are these photos from a league match? If you can confirm for me I’ll add it.
I have it recorded as the Clash Guernsey for 2012.
This Advertiser article dated 7/5/12 talks unflateringly about it's use against Norwood (on 4/5/12): https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...t/news-story/6dbcb2aede1233cece2a6a9f293c54e8
Looks like the vs West Adelaide ones are a league match on 21/7/12:

The Central District one mentioned by The Apostle I have recorded as being used on 5/5/07 against Glenelg.
Verified in this entry: Australian Football - Match Details: 2007 R5 Central District vs Glenelg
I only have drawn images of the CD jumper: no photos I'm afraid.

I have it recorded as the Clash Guernsey for 2012.
This Advertiser article dated 7/5/12 talks unflateringly about it's use against Norwood (on 4/5/12): https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...t/news-story/6dbcb2aede1233cece2a6a9f293c54e8
Looks like the vs West Adelaide ones are a league match on 21/7/12:

The Central District one mentioned by The Apostle I have recorded as being used on 5/5/07 against Glenelg.
Verified in this entry: Australian Football - Match Details: 2007 R5 Central District vs Glenelg
I only have drawn images of the CD jumper: no photos I'm afraid.

Nice one. Thanks heaps for that. Glenelg used Kooga from 2011 to 2013. Any mention of it being used in 2011 or 13?

From 2014 to 2016 they used BLK. I’ve seen images of the guernsey made by BLK, but the grey is now white and the guernseys are unnumbered and unsponsored, which lead me to believe this version was training. Do you know if they were used as well?

I’m currently away so I’ll add the design in a couple of weeks

Nice one. Thanks heaps for that. Glenelg used Kooga from 2011 to 2013. Any mention of it being used in 2011 or 13?

From 2014 to 2016 they used BLK. I’ve seen images of the guernsey made by BLK, but the grey is now white and the guernseys are unnumbered and unsponsored, which lead me to believe this version was training. Do you know if they were used as well?

No worries. I only have the Glenelg clash jumper as being in 2012 - doesn't mean it didn't happen in 2011 or 2013 though as my info is not comprehensive by any means! I couldn't find any images of the one with white instead of grey so I think you're probably right and it was just a training jumper. I've exhausted my limited information on this one I'm afraid!

I've found that I do have some poor photos of the Central District 2007 one:
1673679830590.png

1673681701639.png
Looks like the upper back sponsor might be 2 of these with "HAMRA HOMES" text in between:

1673683313804.png
Hopefully these are of some use.

They also had a chevron heritage jumper in 2006 (I'd reckon this is the one The Apostle is actually talking about):
1673690775608.png (unknown source: The Advertiser perhaps)
I don't have any photos of this jumper so hopefully The Apostle can send you some of his jumper.

Yeah I think it was a one off worn in 2012, as I haven't seen any photos of them wearing it against Westies in 2011 or 2013, as in 2011 glenelg wore that one off 90th year commemorative guernsey and in 2013 onwards westies wore the red base with black sash to avoid the 'clash'

And yeah I know the BLK one you mean, but that wasn't worn as far as I'm aware, given there are no sponsors on them, I think I remember them just being a 'retail' version

1674083629922.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Sam Hall. I noticed you don't have this (tricky) Sturt one from 3/6/17 v Norwood;

Here's some detail of the side panels (not sure of source - probably the club website at the time):
1694412574199.png
I understand if you want to give it a miss though!

Hi Sam Hall. I noticed you don't have this (tricky) Sturt one from 3/6/17 v Norwood;

Here's some detail of the side panels (not sure of source - probably the club website at the time):
View attachment 1799987
Th

View attachment 1799987
No I definitely want to get them all so thanks heaps for sharing this. I hadn't come across it before. It was actually rather easy to do, just a little time consuming. Luckily I'm pretty good with geography so I only needed to google two of the flags because I knew the rest.

Are you aware of any other clubs doing multicultural round jumpers? I know the league has done the round as early as 2010, I remember because Norwood had the bye that week.

Sturt 2017 Multicultral Jumper.jpg

No worries Sam - looks good. No others come to mind, but I'll let you know if I encounter any.
Did you know if Port Adelaide did any one off or promotional jumpers this year besides their Indigenous jumper? They’re a really hard club to keep track off because the Magpies sadly (in my opinion) don’t have their own dedicated social media account.

Did you know if Port Adelaide did any one off or promotional jumpers this year besides their Indigenous jumper? They’re a really hard club to keep track off because the Magpies sadly (in my opinion) don’t have their own dedicated social media account.
I don't think so mate - every time I looked they seemed to be wearing the PBs. I get alerts/newsletters from the club and I didn't get anything about a different jumper that I can recall.

2023 One Off / Promotional SANFL Guernseys. Tracking that these were the only four besides Indigenous guernseys. If I've missed any please let me know.
2023 One Off.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back