2nds SANFL Grand Final: North Adelaide: Premiers (page 70)

What would you do if you were in the SANFL Commission's shoes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
IPTV-1024x576.jpg

Note Free Entry for under 18s

With both AFL teams out of Finals chances most of us ( oldies) turn our eyes to our local clubs. The clubs we followed 'Before 91' and after of course. All finals are on Sundays including the Grand Final

Matchups1.jpg

In the Elimination Final South take on North. Josh Carr has lifted North into the Finals for the 1st time in a long time. North have finished 10,9 and 10 the last 3 years. South Adelaide are coached by Henley Premiership coach Jarrad White. South have had mixed success , playing finals and missing in the last 3 years

In the 2nd game Sturt take on the Eagles . Sturt are the reigning SANFL Premiership side and are aiming for a 3peat. Marty Mattner has them ticking over. Michael Godden at the Eagles , who has a stunning record at the Eagles ( apart from flags) .

Many might remember the senior debut of Jack Lukosius and the class he showed as a 17 yr old. He kicked 3 goals and just looked the goods. This game among many is the one that precipitated his Number 1 status.

The motto for me and for the SANFL should be '' I'll be there , will you?''

Carn you

413834_2889416846c9f8dbc9efaf0dac390b1d.GIF

Last edited:
Question GC.
Is this poll under the premise that I’m putting my house on it or heart on it?
House- The Joe Tripodi Allstars aka Norwood.
Heart- Mighty Double Blues but we’re the epitome of the walking wounded at the moment. Injuries to five key big men in the last couple of weeks. Gilfoy, Sutcliffe, Fraser Evans, Read, Stephens and then Riley and Greenslade to boot, all in two weeks. Add to that our first game ruckman Fahey-Sparks has been offered a suspension of 3 down to 2 for a bump on a Bay snowflake.
FOR F***S SAKE!!!!!!
If we take it out this year it’ll be the most important flag in the AFL era.

Good time to be split between Norwood and Sturt, the club of my junior zone and my family respectively.

My grandfather would shun me if he heard me say such things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles supporter from back in the West Torrens days (my Dad grew up down the road from Thebbie Oval). After last year's finals performance, I have zero confidence of the Eagles getting to the GF, let alone winning it.

My father-in-law is a mad Norwood supporter and has suggested we go to the GF together if both teams make it. After the long ride home back from the AFL GF last year I don't think I even want to go to the SANFL GF. :(

MACCA’S LEAGUE QUALIFYING FINAL – 3.15PM
Eagles v Sturt
Live telecast on Channel 7 Adelaide and 7Plus
Live video stream at sanfldigitalpass.com.au
Live radio on 1079 Life FM from 12 noon and via the SANFL App

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has named a very settled line-up for the Qualifying Final against Sturt.

Rugged midfielder Jack Firns and versatile defender Joe Heinjus have been added to the Eagles’ 23-man squad.

Both Firns and Heinjus have been listed on the five-man extended interchange bench, which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.

F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Lukosius

HF: Boyd, J. Hayes, Petrenko

C: Hall, Sinor, Lewis

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Stewart

R: Redden, Sharrad, Poole

INT: Haylock, Gray, Borholm, Firns, Heinjus

IN: Firns, Heinjus

STURT
Sturt will be without two premiership stars for its Qualifying Final clash with the Eagles on Sunday.

Jack Oatey Medallist Fraser Evans will need to be replaced in defence and clearance-winning Aidan Riley in the midfield after both were injured against Glenelg in Round 19.

Evans is battling an ankle ailment which could sideline him for a Semi-Final next week while Riley is expected to miss just one match after hurting his hamstring.

The return of Tom Read from an ankle injury has squeezed Daniel Fahey-Sparks out of the 23-man squad while forward Jake Sutcliffe has also been named on the extended interchange but must prove he has overcome his ankle complaint.

Premiership defender Rune Gilfoy returns from an ankle injury while bullocking midfielder Tom Lewis could replace Riley in the midfield rotation in what would be his Macca’s League debut.

From Meningie FC in the River Murray Football League, Lewis – 179cm and 80kg – was also a leadership group member for the McDonald’s SA Under-18 team this year.

F: Dodd, Taggert, McAdam

HF: Slimming, M. Evans, J. Hone

C: Colquhoun, Thiele, Crocker

HB: Sumner, Stephens, Harms

B: Page, Edmonds, Gilfoy

R: Osborn, Kirkwood, Battersby

INT: Greenslade, Read, Munn, Sutcliffe, Lewis

IN: Thiele, Lewis, Gilfoy, Read, Sutcliffe

OUT: Riley (hamstring), F. Evans (ankle), Fahey-Sparks

MACCA’S LEAGUE ELIMINATION FINAL – 12.15PM
South Adelaide v North Adelaide
Live telecast on Channel 7 Adelaide and 7Plus
Live video stream at sanfldigitalpass.com.au
Live radio on 1079 Life FM from 12 noon and via the SANFL App

SOUTH
A South Adelaide hardman has proven his fitness for the Elimination Final against North on Sunday.

Former Magpie Anthony Biemans has recovered from a calf strain to be named in the Panthers’ squad of 23.

Biemans has been joined by utilities Adam Hunter and Hayden Sampson, who have both been promoted from the Reserves.

Reliable defender Tyson Brown was unable to be selected after being diagnosed with severe concussion after the Panthers’ win against Norwood in Round 19.

Brown, who has been cleared of any spinal damage, will push to play in the First Semi-Final should South overcome North on Sunday.

F: Haren, Overall, Fitt

HF: Kreuger, Whittlesea, Cross

C: Haines, Heaslip, Noble

HB: Fields, Cailotto, Rose

B: Summerton, Crabb, Kappler

R: Brooksby, Davis, Liddle

INT: Rankine, Szust, Hunter, Biemans, Sampson

IN: Hunter, Sampson, Biemans

OUT: Brown (concussion)

NORTH
North Adelaide has regained captain Max Thring for its Elimination Final clash with South on Sunday.

Thring, who has missed the past three matches with a calf injury, has proven his fitness to be named to start in the centre square.

His presence will be vital given it is the Roosters’ first finals appearance since the 2013 Grand Final.

Key recruit Jarred Allmond has been named on a wing after taking precautionary measures with a corked thigh in Round 19.

The former Eagle iced up his knock for the second half of his team’s win against Port last Saturday.

Popular veteran Leigh Ryswyk has been unable to recover from his severe rib injury suffered against Norwood in Round 18.

F: Harvey, A. Barns, Young

HF: Hender, Ramsey, Rozee

C: Olekalns, Tropiano, Allmond

HB: Castree, Smith, Spina

B: Wilkie, C. Craig, Clisby

R: Sweet, T. Schwarz, Thring

INT: McInerney, Slee, Woodcock, Wundke

IN: Thring

It’ll be interesting if Lewis gets a game for Sturt. Big ask for a debutante in a final but he would be a good cover for Aiden Riley who has been going up forward as can Lewis. Mattner would be pulling one out of the hat to put him in ahead of Read, Greenslade, Munn and Sutcliffe if he’s fit. If there’s one game I’d like the SANFL to have a 4 man bench it’s this one.
Really looking forward to seeing Munn and McAdam play on AO on the big stage.
Go Blues.

Back